Postage to Brazil

I just wanted to know peoples thought on this scenario or their experiences about postage to Brazil.

I've seen in other peoples listing in the past that Brazil is a country that they will not post  to.

I've recently had a buyer purchase an item that is making me feel a  little uneasy and lean toward not wanting to post it to them in Brazil either.

I recently sold an item to a buyer, the buyer paid approx $50 for the item, I quoted them $68 for postage as that is what the result on the postage calculator was. They paid the invoice I sent with these amounts straight away.

I then went to post the item to them but the PO said that postage would be $90. I then went back and messaged the buyer to see if they would like to pay the difference, and they said they would.

I'm just feeling a little uneasy about this and worried because they are paying twice the amount for postage than what the item is worth. I know if that's what they want to pay then that's up to them, I'm just a little worried that this is going to come back and bite me, so to speak.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Postage to Brazil

When I was offering international postage, unless it was a light item going in a small padded bag, I would send the buyer a message letting them know I would send the invoice after I had checked the postage cost with the post office. Most buyers wouldn't agree to pay the extra after you got the true cost, because they only have to pay the amount that you quoted on the invoice. There is a reasonable chance you will cop a negative for this.

If you didn't want to post the item, you could always tell the buyer that after doing some research, you have discovered that the item in question can't be sent to their country and you would be more than happy to offer a full refund if they have already paid and ask them if they would accept a cancellation request so you can recoup your fees.

I would then go and adjust your settings and block the countries you don't want to post to. 

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Postage to Brazil

The buyer really doesn't understand eBay. Neither do you. Postage due is what you QUOTED for postage, not what you decide post-sale.

They have no obligation to pay any more than what you quoted and you have no right to ask for more than you quoted.

If they pay the extra, you should certainly post to them. If they don't, you should certainly post to them.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Postage to Brazil

I have posted to Brazil before. I expected probs but there was none and all was good. But if you undercharged on postage you should wear the cost, and never expect the buyer to pay more
Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Postage to Brazil

In the last 2 months I have had 11 item not received cases opened against me all of which are Brazil. 9 of the 11 have had a feedback score less than 10 and mostly 5 or less. I have posted approximately double that in this time period. Short answer Brazil isn't for me and Its reasonable to suggest there is something more sinister at work here. Think carefully about posting to Brazil.
Message 5 of 5
Latest reply