Postage

Hi everyone, is there a forum on eBay where we can ask sellers to please NOT use fast way couriers to post items to buyers? I buy a lot on eBay and honestly fast way are the WORST,!! They are anything but fast and it's an absolute headache to get our items we've bought when the sellers use that shoddy company. Firstly they take forever to get the parcel to the buyer and then If it's an item that has to be signed for and you're not home the post office won't accept any parcels from fast way couriers so then it's weeks and weeks again that you're waiting! I can't stress enough how poor their service is. Kind regards, Lisa Berdasco 

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Postage

Many sellers are aware of that particular company's poor performance as there have been threads on this forum before.  

https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Selling/Problems-with-Fastway-Couriers/m-p/2271707#M191429

However there is no tool that you are suggesting.

Maybe the only thing that you can do is - when  you want to buy an item - before you commit to buy, you could email the seller and explain you have problems with the courier and request that they send by Australia Post.     But be aware that some sellers have agreements with couriers and may be unable to change for you.    Then just don't buy.

Personally I too have problems with couriers - we live in a rural area and  most couriers won't deliver.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Postage

I think, for you, it's going to have to be a case of checking before each purchase.

Asking each and every seller beforehand (if they are using couriers) how they will be posting and if it is possible to avoid Fast way.

I guess there is a forum on ebay where you can ask sellers not to use them. This is it, the seller's board.Smiley Happy

But it's not going to achieve what you want. For starters, you can ask, but that doesn't mean every seller would necessarily do as you say. Secondly, not all ebay sellers read this board or any other board.

The only way you could get your wish is if you were able to persuade ebay itself to block the use of fastway couriers by sellers (which I can't see happening).

So I think you're back to negotiating with individual sellers before a purchase.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Postage

I sometimes message sellers before a purchase to find out if they are sending an item by 'Standard Delivery' as the listing states or whether it will be signed/registered delivery - whcih I have problems with.  (It's amazing how many sellers say one thing and mean another).

To do this quickly I have saved a number of framed questions to sellers in a Word document, and when I need to ask about delivery I simply choose one and copy and paste it into a Contact Seller request.  I also have replies that set out safe drop details if needed.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply