Powerseller - to be or not to be?

Recently I've sold quiet few used personal things and suddenly I see I'm a Powerseller. Not sure if that's a good thing for me since some buyers might have misstrust seeing me as business which I'm not. I pride my self doing the best for the buyers even go beyond that and buyers appreciate that so I want to keep it that way. What do you think, any advantages, disadvantages, worth it or not, what?

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

You have no choice once they give you the power seller status.

You can not remove it.

If you do not want it then stop selling till it drops off for not meeting the criteria for it.

Or sell on another ID till it drops off.

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

my power seller status comes and goes, but when  it's on, I definitely get more sales, I assume I get better listing positions, or lifting of my 'secret seller limit'....

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

have you learned the secret handshake yet?

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

Never noticed any difference when I have it, or when I don't have it.  I don't think buyers even see it these days, but I might be wrong on that.  It's not displayed like it used to be though.  Only the top-rated powersellers have it prominently displayed, and you have to have same day posting (same day or next day?), free postage, etc, to qualify for that.  I don't think most buyers care what badges you've got so long as your feedback is good.

If you're talking about your posting ID, there's nothing on your listings or anywhere else to indicate you're a powerseller, so it can't have any bad effects on buyers.

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

I've bought quite a few things from Top Rated Sellers with the Premium badge and I've never found anywhere that says they're a Powerseller. I've even logged out and looked at my own listings and I can't find any reference to it.

When I am looking to buy, I look at their price and their feedback. I don't care if they are Top Rated, or Premium or Powersellers. If they are, well and good, if they're not, as long as I'm happy with their feedback, that's good enough for me. I search using time ending soonest, so wouldn't have a clue where anyone I buy from ranks in the Best Match search.

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

I had the power seller thing come up today as well.

It's now 100 transaction and $1000US in sales in a year so it's easy to get by the looks of it.

I will just continue as normal as I can't see it making a difference to me.,(except I now have another board I can visit and maybe glean 

some info from other power sellers).

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

lololol @ david 44 lol

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

I have checked your listings and if you keep doing what you're doing it won't be long b4 you lose that power seller status.

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

In the interests of correct spelling, payed should be paid. Although those terms & conditions contravene eBay policies.

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply