Price Easing

Just saw this new "feature" when listing using the app. In the part where you price your item, Ebay has put this price easing: lower your price gradually over time. If you opt in, it says "starting 10 days after listing we'll lower your price 5% every 5 days, until your item sells or gets to $12 (or whatever) notifying buyers who showed interest each time. Can they be serious?

Is this new or have I just not noticed it before?

I cant imagine anyone doing this. And the buyers will be bombarded with messages.
Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Price Easing

Something else I won't be opting into.. along with eBay Plus and just about anything else that drifts  past me..LOL!!

I rarely have anything over $12 but I would be on the phone to Ebbay giving them just a piece of  my mind ...politely of course.

Just who they think they are?? Or for that matter, just who do they think  WE are??? Troublesome 2 year olds  maybe ???

Of course we know what we are doing...just wish the powers that are just would let us keep calm and get on with it!

Message 2 of 17
Latest reply

Price Easing

Who the hell have ebay hired to come up with these ridiculous ideas? Woman Surprised

Message 3 of 17
Latest reply

Price Easing

I don't know but I think WALL-E could do a better job (and he was seriously full of garbage)

Message 4 of 17
Latest reply

Price Easing

@collect247 wrote:

Who the hell have ebay hired to come up with these ridiculous ideas? Woman Surprised

Has anyone checked the Monkey House at the local zoo?

I wondered why I was suddenly getting all these emails about lower prices.....now all is clear.

Does ebay think sellers are mad?

Message 5 of 17
Latest reply

Price Easing

Now you mention it, Nina Conti looked like she was missing her sidekick

Message 6 of 17
Latest reply

Price Easing

I had a 3 cd set listed for $30 free postage... someone wanted to pay $20.

It sold to the same person for the full price.

Some days I feel a few days in the local asylum may do me some good... peace and quiet!!
Message 7 of 17
Latest reply

Price Easing

@collect247 wrote:

I_Can_Typing.gif

Message 8 of 17
Latest reply

Price Easing

Ha ha! Its seems its only the app that has this, not the Classic Site. I start my drafts on the app but finish them on the Classic Site as Good Till Cancelled is put on listings on the app.

I wonder if they will start forcing this on sellers like they do with Best Offer?
Message 9 of 17
Latest reply

Price Easing

@the4masters2013 wrote:
I had a 3 cd set listed for $30 free postage... someone wanted to pay $20.

It sold to the same person for the full price.

Some days I feel a few days in the local asylum may do me some good... peace and quiet!!

Problem is when you get back out you realise you're in a bigger, crazier asylum.

Message 10 of 17
Latest reply