Problem changing bank account in Managed Payment

I reluctantly added my bank account details as required by the thew Managed Payments system. Later I realised that I should have used a different account (same bank). I have followed the instructions for changing my account details but, at the end of the process, I am told to click a buttone to access Live Chat so that eBay can verify my details. I have tried this many times but nothing happens when I click to open Live Chat. Help!!

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Success!. I got onto Live Chat and explained my situation. What you are not told is the ability to change account is blocked, which is why I could never get past the Live Chat screen. The eBay helper temporarily unblocked my account details and I was able to complete the process.

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Live Chat has restricted hours....it is not available 24/7.

Have you checked that you are trying to access it during the relevant hours?

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

Thanks, I didn't realise that hours might be limited. I will wait a few hours and try again.

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

I tried again at 5pm with no luck. I will try once more at about 11am. If unsuccessful I will try and contact eBay.

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

Seriously I'm not sure what's going on with your situation but I was just put through to live chat and it only took a minute.

All I wanted to do was test it out due to reading your thread so I had to come up with a problem of my own so it could be resolved quickly which it was and the agent was non the wiser.

Not sure why you're having problems with live chat?

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

@sardonicus001 wrote:

I tried again at 5pm with no luck. I will try once more at about 11am. If unsuccessful I will try and contact eBay.

Live chat is basically the ONLY way to contact eBay these days. There is supposed to be a MP line, but it's not showing for me.

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

I can't understad it either. I my try on my son's Mac tomorrow in case it's something to do with my security software or similar.  have tried many times bu I can never get further than the Live Chat page, where it freezes.

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

Still no luck in changing my bank account details. I will continue to work on it.

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

Success!. I got onto Live Chat and explained my situation. What you are not told is the ability to change account is blocked, which is why I could never get past the Live Chat screen. The eBay helper temporarily unblocked my account details and I was able to complete the process.

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply