Problems with Australia Post international shipping rates

moktah
Community Member

Hello everyone

Just recently, Australia post has been quoting my international buyers the wrong shipping costs. I've never had a problem in the past. There haven't been any recent price changes with A.P. so I don't understand why it's happening. The last time, I had to fork out and extra $5 at the post office and the previous time it was $10. I ended up making next to no profits on both those sales. Has anyone else been having this problem lately?

I did check my listings and it wasn't a case of me entering the wrong weight or making any error in my listing and the prices that were quoted don't even appear in Australia Post 'Post Charges' booklet and I do have the latest one, so the problem is obviously at Ebay's end.

I've had to stop selling internationally because I just don't know what else to do and it's frustrating because I was making quite a few international sales.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Problems with Australia Post international shipping rates

@moktah wrote:

Hello everyone

There haven't been any recent price changes with A.P. so I don't understand why it's happening.

there was not long ago for international letters, local express post letters and a few other changes. When was the last time you updated your pricing ?

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

For as long as I can remember ebay have some countries listed under the incorrect Postal Zone which creates problems for sellers as the postage costs quoted are inaccurate.

Israel is one countryI know of which is not accurate as ebay have it under the same zone as Asia which is a much cheaper rate than what it should be. Countries in South America can also be incorrect. There are some others as well.

I have brought this up with ebay and the answer I was given is that they are provided the information by Australia Post. Australia Post's answer is that it is an ebay problem.

The reality is it ends up being a seller's problem.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

@moktah wrote:

Hello everyone

Just recently, Australia post has been quoting my international buyers the wrong shipping costs. I've never had a problem in the past. There haven't been any recent price changes with A.P. so I don't understand why it's happening. The last time, I had to fork out and extra $5 at the post office and the previous time it was $10. I ended up making next to no profits on both those sales. Has anyone else been having this problem lately?

aust Post had a lot of price changes on international mail on 7 October this year, just 3 weeks ago, so yes, there have been recent price changes with AP...... have you checked the latest Post Charges booklet??

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

October 7?? The staff at my local post office didn't seem to know about it. I have a booklet dated 15th of July 2013 and they told me that's the latest one. Sounds like I need to go in and talk to them again. Thank for your reply.

@putney32 wrote:

@moktah wrote:

Hello everyone

aust Post had a lot of price changes on international mail on 7 October this year, just 3 weeks ago, so yes, there have been recent price changes with AP...... have you checked the latest Post Charges booklet??

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply