Problems with Fastway Couriers

barnett.australia.collection
Community Member
Delivery of items bought under the eBay banner is a vital part of the eBay experience for both buyer and seller – yet remains mostly out of the control of either. Is anyone else having problems with Fastway Couriers, or any other couriers? We have recently had a refusal to deliver to the designated address and the parcel was posted by the Fastway local agent only to end up at the post office who also refused to deliver requiring the receiver to go the PO, sign for the parcel and pick it up themselves. All this despite delivery being paid door to door.
Message 1 of 323
Latest reply
322 REPLIES 322

Re: Problems with Fastway Couriers

@melissah99 wrote:

Ive seen fastways drive past my house atleast once a week and they still continue to refuse to deliver my parcel, because i live "out of town" so they leave it at the post office for me to collect, its frustrating knowing ive paid extra to have it delievered to my house then to have them refuse, the worse part for me was waiting on urgent medical supplies for my sick father, they had in the depot for over a week and had not even called to let me know it had arrived. When i finally learnt they had my parcel i copped abuse about how they will not deliver it and if they had to i could have to wait another week. They are always rude and unprofessional, when they are forced to deliver parcels to big to leave at the post office they complain the whole time and make me feel so small. Such a shame 7 years after the original post this continues.

I really have to take issue with your account of Fastways' failings.

Firstly, just because you have seen a Fastways courier driving past your house it does not mean he is delivering in your area....he may just live in your area.  Drivers are allocated a delivery run and they do not deliver anywhere else whether they live there or not.

I also doubt that they leave anything at the Post Office.....only one courier can leave parcels at the PO and that is AP's own couriers StarTrack.  Any other courier has to pay a surcharge of something like $16 to leave anything at the PO and very few will do it as their customers do not like paying such a huge amount.

When you order you medical supplies check the order form to see if there is an Authority to Leave option in the address section.

I get regular medical supplies from Queeensland delivered by Fastways and in the last 6 months the ATL option has been there.  I fill it in, and pay on a Sunday night and have the package delivered in Sydney on Tuesday morning before 9am.

I have had runins with them over the years but after speaking to the Managing Director one morning (he just happened to answer the phone when I rang very early) I have had excellent service from them.

Message 111 of 323
Latest reply

I had dealings with them via Officeworks and their parcel locker service. Would never use them again. Was trying to send a parcel to Griffith and it went to Sydney, Canberra, Albury and Tamworth before they decided they didn't deliver to Griffith anyway. This went on for about three weeks. Eventually it came back to me with stickers all over it. A couple of weeks later I recieved an email apologising for losing my parcel. Worst trackig ever!

Message 112 of 323
Latest reply

Sure they promise 3 days, but 6 days later no parcel. Must be working on Jupiter days

Message 113 of 323
Latest reply

So where is your parcel travelling from and where is it going to?

I doubt that they are promising 3 day delivery to the whole of Australia.  I am also pretty sure theyhave different services so if you are using Fastway because it it the cheapest (which most ebay transactios are) then your parcel will be slower than if you are paying more for the service.

Message 114 of 323
Latest reply

Fastways never deliver to me and say I was not home and don't leave a card but say they did, insufficient info to deliver, and the excuses and lies go on and on and on.  I have camera surveilence at my farm gate and they NEVER come but the postman does.

One  seller challenged them and was told it will be on the afternoon run and there is NO afternoon run. The latest is that an item has failed to get to the depot and was lost in transit.

Fastways sell a franchise for a run and require a new van is purchased which can cost up to $100K and pay around $3 for each delivery/pickup and the drivers go bankrupt very quickly and still owe the money and Fastways then sell the franchise again for around $30K to $40K.

Most businesses in my area wont use them and all the other couriers have a common depot but refuse to let Fastways be a part of it.

I read on Whirlpool that one driver was caught throwing parcels away and claiming delivery and another driver taking the goods home and throwing away what could not be used or sold.

Go to their website and to each depot and look to see howmany runs the depot has then how many drivers they want that tells the story.

Message 115 of 323
Latest reply

I had fastway couriers mark my item as delivered ,as was many others in our area,so I rang the courier who told me they had outsourced the deliveries and the deliverer had dumped them in several locations throught the area,through the help of several people most if not all were located and picked up by courier,rang again to find out if mine was there and was told too busy to look ,so I asked when to expect it ,dont know he said rudely,rang the next day and told nothing,next day he said mine was there but dont know when he will deliver it as I had called him ignorant,I said back you were ignorant and he hung up so I,m still waiting,would have thought he would have been delivering the dumped ones first due to their stuff up .

Message 116 of 323
Latest reply

dont think they really care,and so hard to actually speak to someone with authority .
Message 117 of 323
Latest reply

@bob2839 wrote:

next day he said mine was there but dont know when he will deliver it as I had called him ignorant,I said back you were ignorant and he hung up so I,m still waiting,would have thought he would have been delivering the dumped ones first due to their stuff up .

Telling someone they are ignorant (twice) was probably not the best way to get your parcel delivered promptly............just sayin'

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 118 of 323
Latest reply

2750 'Terrible' reviews (soon to be 2751) and 70 'Bad' reviews out of 3033 on Product Review. My parcel is apparently lost in the Fastway warehouse. I will now, along with others, avoid buying from vendors who use Fastway and are not able to offer an alternative.

Message 119 of 323
Latest reply

The problem with that is that very few sellers will disclose which courier they use....in fact you are lucky if you even know they are using couriers in some cases.

Most sellers who use couriers are doing so for their own reasons and do not take into account whether it is convenient for their customers and whether their customers even want courier delivery.

Message 120 of 323
Latest reply