Promoted listings - anyone tried them?

At the bottom of the page, when creating a new listing, there is a thing for promotoed listings for an extra fee. 

Just wondering if anyone has tried these and had any success.

My sales are at an all time low (on all accounts) . Never seen it this quiet in over 10 years.

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

I've seen that also.
I just don't see the point of spending more money on top of the fees (and PP fees) just to see nothing is moving.

I'm seeing on the boards, there are quite a number of sellers who are saying the sales have slowed or stopped...

However, I suppose the promoted listings might be worth a shot at.
Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

I can only provide third-party anecdotes, in that I know of sellers who do use them, and find them worthwhile. 

I think the best thing to do is look through your item's categories and / or others, to get an idea of how promoted listings are placed, and whether there are already promoted listings in your categories (if there are, you generally have to pay more than the other sellers to be promoted ahead of them).

I kinda dislike the whole idea of paying eBay extra money to get my listings in front of buyers, even though technically these days I don't actually pay any instertion fees, it's really only because all the other fees have been jacked up. Using a site designed to do X function, and then paying more to make doubly sure X function is provided just rubs me up the wrong way. It's how things are going, though. Basic access and tools provided for free, stuff that actually lets you do what the site is designed for with simplicity and ease - paid features. Smiley Mad

ETA: I wonder what will happen to promoted listings once the site has switched to product-based (collated) listings? They'd either have to become obsolete, or you'd wind up in a situation where it's a matter of who can bribe eBay with the most money to win the "buy box". Smiley Surprised

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply