Promoted standard listings eBay charging fees on all auctions regardless of buyer origin

Hi all,

Looking for help and if anybody else has same issue.

Ebay started offering Promoted standard listings for auctions as of yesterday 30th April. (promoted express for auctions end a couple of weeks ago)

Same basis as fixed listings you only get charged if the winning bidder has clicked through from an advert

We added a few auctions yesterday (30th) that started on the 26th April, two of them finished today 

the winning buyers had first bid (both auction regulars) on the 26th, 4 days before the advertising started , hence they weren't from ad click throughs yet we have been charged the promoted ad fees on both listings

we spoke with eBay support at length this morning they do not see an issue with being charged fees ensuring us that they do not have a system error , even though they understood and confirmed the bidders bid 4 days before the ads started and could not have come from click thrus!

Based on today this eBay error is going to cost us $$$$$ before the week is out

Anybody else in the same boat or have contact details for someone at eBay capable of sorting this out 

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Promoted standard listings eBay charging fees on all auctions regardless of buyer origin

I wish I could help you, this is so unfair.

I put quite a few on promoted listings until I had a couple of sales and was shocked at the fees.

I took mine off for well over 30 days, now when I try to resist them, they still come up as promoted items.

I feel so sorry for your situation. Perhaps someone has suggestions for me?

Good luck.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Don't relist them - do a whole new listing.

Not hard.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

@grannytakesatrip17 wrote:

I wish I could help you, this is so unfair.

I put quite a few on promoted listings until I had a couple of sales and was shocked at the fees.

I took mine off for well over 30 days, now when I try to resist them, they still come up as promoted items.

I feel so sorry for your situation. Perhaps someone has suggestions for me?

Good luck.

Not sure why you were shocked at the fee's, if nothing else Ebay are always upfront with fee's,  and you always click the button that says you have read the T&C's.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

After a long chat on ebay, I have resolved my problem. Perhaps it may help someone else.Below is part of the transcript and it worked. 

In the link you will require to scroll down and then you will see "edit" dropdown, you will require to click on the dropdown and then select "end" for both the campaign.

https://www.ebay.com.au/sh/mktg/pl

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Do you always read all terms and conditions?

On some things you would be reading for hours, there has to be some element of trust imo.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

@grannytakesatrip17 wrote:

Do you always read all terms and conditions?

On some things you would be reading for hours, there has to be some element of trust imo.

If you dont read them, than dont be shocked.   Its all there in black and white

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply