Purchased a tool has 12 months warranty have contacted seller will not respond

I have contacted eBay and the seller to help me with an issue that  an item I purchased no longer works and has 12 months warranty and they will it respond any longer it’s been 3 weeks

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

"Warranties" on eBay are meaningless unless the seller is an Australian registered authorised seller/reseller of the product.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

eBay do not enforce 'warranties' even when they are real

Did you buy from an authorised seller/re-seller for the item ?

If not, there is no warranty. no matter what the seller 'said'

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Unfortunately, as the others have said, there are rarely warranties on ebay. They aren't worth the screen they are printed on. Buying a cheap knock off from a Chinese seller that bangs on about warranties means nothing. They can't be enforced. China will promise the world and give nothing. Sadly, there is nothing you can do, so chuck it in the bin, go to Bunnings and buy what you need there. At least you get a legitimate warranty there.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Sons n daughters has summed it up.

The ebay money back guarantee you read about is only to protect buyers to ensure that they do receive their product and when it arrives, it is as described in the ad. That it isn't faulty. The MBG is for about 30 days after the estimated delivery date.

It is not a warranty. That is a separate issue. If your item only arrived 3 weeks ago, then you can claim on the ebay MBG but only if it arrived faulty. But if you bought some time ago and what you are saying is it has been 3 weeks since you contacted the seller and they are ghosting you, then you have your answer. You have no warranty.

Doesn't matter what the ad on ebay said. You have no warranty.

Sometimes it is just worth paying the extra at a real store & getting a real warranty.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply