Purchasing Sendle postage label?...do beware and be wary

vby
Community Member

My last 5 orders when purchasing Sendle postage labels was very frustrating.

After I purchased the Sendle postage labels which is slightly lower than Australia Post,

I was surprised when Ebay billed me the Sendle postage cost at a higher rates...even higher than Australia Post rates.

When I contacted Ebay, I was told that it was Sendle who charge the higher rates and ask me to contact Sendle Customer service to clarify the matter instead which I did.

I was  then told by Sendle that my parcels with the 'weight & volume' should be on the higher rates.

But I said to them (Sendle).. why the hell did you offer me the lower rates in the first place?

Their response was that they have no control over why Ebay offers the lower rates on their platform! 

They in turn ask me to query Ebay and not them!

Seems like both parties are passing the buck back and forth!

*Please note..my parcels weight & volume are spot on. Did not under weigh or scale.*

I have been selling on Ebay for the past 20yrs and been using Australia Post. I think I'll stick with them although their cost has been going up. At least NO surprises.

Thanks Sendle....I'm boycotting you for good! Don't need the hassle!!

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Purchasing Sendle postage label?...do beware and be wary

I am sorry to say this..... but I am actually relieved to hear someone else is having this exact same issue.  It is driving me insane.  I have detailed the problem in writing to Sendle including examples (am so frustrated having to waste time doing that).  Sendle have responded by defending their charges, given weight and dimensions. 

I have cross checked a few deliveries with the Sendle Quote feature on the Sendle Website and a couple of the discrepancies do seem to be an ebay miscalculation. However, there are other times where Sendle have "reweighed" the package "at the depot" (the details of this are usually in the tracking history) and they weigh my parcel at 1 - 3 kg heavier than I did.  My parcels NEVER go out weighing more or being bigger than detailed at the time of purchasing the postage label.  Smaller sometimes, but never bigger.  I'm fastidious about this.  This happened to EVERY SECOND PARCEL I'VE SENT.  It took me a while to realise what was happening.... then I looked back and WHOA.  I have sent over 100 parcels through them.  It's disgusting.  Sendle insist that it is a "platform" problem and I should take it to Ebay.   The weight & dimensions anomaly is not Ebay.

I am yet to go to Ebay with this and will do so as soon as I can.  In the meantime, I don't use Sendle.  The issue does not seem to occur with deliveries sent with  Aust Post.  

The difference in cost is anywhere between $1 to $4.  For every second or so parcel.  I am fuming.

But thank you vby...... I thought  it was just me for a minute.... could not find many others that have had this problem.

Besides the cost issue, the time wasted having to deal with it is a giant headache.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

AP is generally easier. As in they have far more options for the buyer than Sendle. If profit is your main driver, ignore. If you think using a cheap, unreliable courier is the best way to enhance your customers' experiences, ignore.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Thank you, davewil1964.  That is good advice.

Sendle didn't end up saving me time, money OR stress.  

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

qvp7173
Community Member

I had the same thing happen to me except they said they would look into it. Made it sound like I was the only person this had happened to. 2 weeks later they charged me the full amount.

Some interesting points. 

Ebay made the offer to us and the offer was for each sale which they knew the weight of. 

According to Australian consumer law it falls onto EBay's responsibility to fix this with their business partner (sendle). The dispute is clearly between sendle and Ebay. As far as Ebay and the seller is concerned, a price was offered for a service. 

If they still do nothing there would definitely possibility of a case of fraud that they would have to answer.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply