Q for non-store sellers

If you're moving house and therefore your ebay stock, and you know that as soon as you put the stuff on the truck you're bound to get orders for some of it- is the only option to end all your items individually (using 'no longer available' or 'error in listing' etc) and re-list from scratch afterwards?

I don't want to take orders during the move but I can't see any way of 'suspending' listings for non-stores. If you end them all, are they saved or do you have to redo the lot?

Cheers ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Q for non-store sellers

I recently went away for 2 weeks and did not want to end my items. I put a message in big bold letters saying anything sold could not be posted until ....due to going away, so no hurry to pay. I just emailed buyers when items sold as I still had internet to remind them -had no problems at all and everyone was very nice. Actually sold more when away than normal recently and everyone patiently waited. Nearly everyone paid straight away too. So you could do similar with no problems. Did not effect my seller dashboard for slow selling as communication was the key element. Good luck with the move.    

Message 11 of 13
Latest reply

Except that buyers have the option to defect a seller if the item is received later than eBay's guesstimate. And it is very much worded as a survey. A few of those would see the OP in trouble.

That's for non-tracked parcels.

For tracked parcels a delivery date or lodgement scan outside of eBay estimates or seller handling time is an automatic defect, regardless of how understanding buyers are.

With the way eBay is these days it is best to cover your backside where possible.

Message 12 of 13
Latest reply

Very true. I'll use the bulk-end option, many thanks for that tip everyone. I don't want to take orders until my items (all books) are neatly catalogued and ready to go. It'd be asking for trouble. We're doing 2 weeks of fast & hard renovations at the new place, so finding and packing books could easily go awry. The defects would be inevitable.

Thanks for the help.

Message 13 of 13
Latest reply