Question re size of AP wine box

I am considering using one of the AP wine boxes to post a fairly delicate item (not wine, but bottle-shaped). When I went to check the size of the wine box, it stated it was 132 x 105 x 395mm, which I found quite odd in that I was expecting two of the dimensions (the end of the box) to be equal i.e. a square end. But not so apparently. Can anyone here confirm that the wine box does not in fact have a square end?

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I needed to post off a bottle of wine to a friend last week and just used a length of poly pipe from the local hardware store, they come in 80mm, 90mm and 100mm if that's anyhelp.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

winebox.jpg

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

I needed to post off a bottle of wine to a friend last week and just used a length of poly pipe from the local hardware store, they come in 80mm, 90mm and 100mm if that's anyhelp.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

@padi*0409 wrote:

Good idea. I assume the measurements refer to the diameter of the pipe?

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

@gumleaf_goodies wrote:

Good idea. I assume the measurements refer to the diameter of the pipe?

Yes, they are the pipe diameters, hardware stores usually sell short lengths of them, mine was 1 meter long so I've got spare for the future.

Edit, you can also get end caps, but I just used Gaffer tape.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply