REMOVED

This member REMOVED won the bidding on my item  and after winning, did not pay or respond to any messages from myself or eBay, causing me distress and anxiety. I have had to relist the item which is now still available and difficult now to sell because of all the Black Friday sales. My disappointment IS, on My eBay it shows up as a sale on my displays but is obviously NOT because the member did nothing after winning so it's not accurate, and I need to leave negative feedback but your "options" do not include this scenario, and I am unable to leave negative feedback, and I do not want this member to go unpunished. Can you assist in these 2 issues?

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

REMOVED

Other members cannot help you 'punish' the buyer

Buyers can only be left positive feedback, as has been the case for many, many years

eBay will not force the 'buyer' to pay

All you can do is block them so they can't bid on your items again

Assumingly you did the 'unpaid item' thing (whatever it is called these days) or you will be charged fees, since eBay consider it sold 

You are also not permitted to name and shame on the forum so if a Mod sees your post, they will remove the name 

As an aside to this

Have you fully completed sign up to Managed Payments, and been given the go ahead to start selling again by eBay? you won't get any money from any sales otherwise

PLUS

Since you have not sold on this ID for some time, any funds will be on hold for up to 30 days

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

REMOVED

We are just ordinary members here.

I am not a seller, but I know from reading threads here that if a buyer does not pay you have to or can cancel after 4 days, which I think will mean a non-payment strike for them.

If you don't cancel, eBay won't even know the buyer has not paid and they will charge you fees.

As for feedback, no, sellers can only leave positive feedback - or nothing. 

(By the way, naming and shaming is not allowed on this board.)

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

REMOVED

Unless your item is set up as 'Buy It Now' with 'Immediate Payment' required, buyers will often change their minds and back out of a sale. There's no way around it if you just auction something.

Ebay is not going to "punish" the buyer - they cannot force them to pay and sellers have not been able to leave negatives for buyers for more than 10 years.

You need to cancel the sale. I think one of the reasons you can choose is that the buyer did not pay (this probably does get reflected on a buyers record). If you don't cancel, you'll be on the hook for the fees.

As mentioned, make sure you're set up properly - ID and bank verified - for Managed Payments or you'll never see your money. I would recommend that you remove your items for sale until you are verified. Plenty sellers come to the forums crying because they can't get their money as they haven't gone through the processes.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

REMOVED

Why did you not offer the item to the under bidder after the winner defaulted.  They may well have been happy to purchase the item for the price they bid.  Getting upset about it wont make any difference.  That is part of life for sellers.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

REMOVED

Getting upset about it wont make any difference.  That is part of life for sellers

I don't get upset. I cancel, wear the 30c and relist. 30c is certainly not worth stress or anxiety.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

REMOVED

Select to cancel the item, using the excuse the buyer didn't pay. They get a strike, you get your fees back. If they have 2 unpaids in a rolling 12 months they'll be restricted from buying from a lot of sellers.

As it's an iPhone, people seem to like cheap iPhones, so I doubt you'll have trouble selling it. Maybe not this week with the sales, but once they are done and dusted, people can't help themselves. Not my cup of tea, but the youngsters seem to like them for some obscure reason. 

Don't lose any sleep over it, it will sell. Maybe just not this week. I'd be more concerned about the high price of your fan, when you can get them from Bunnings for under $40.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply