Rating Ebay

Not sure if I'm allowed to put links on the board?  There is a site called rate ebay  .... very interesting .. ebay is currently at 7.1%, wtih a total of 11959 feedback received.  And only 1 and  a half stars on the DSR's.   

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Rating Ebay

And this is a self-selecting poll, presumably.

Which means that it unlikely to attract votes from people who have no issues with eBay. Like me, for instance.

I very much doubt that a posted link would last, and I'm not sure of your purpose in posting this thread.

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

I think the DSR rating it is interesting.

I also think it is vital that a variety of views and opinions on aspects of ebay continue to be reflected on the boards.

The way things are going between a few posters and mods,  if the push for a big love ebay fest continues we will end up with rather "fake" discussion boards that do not reflect a diversity of views (or IMO .... sickeningly untrue promotion boards).

It will be a very lonely place for a few then, but hey maybe thats the plan....pfffft

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

I don't see how an external site, that will naturally attract disgruntled people, could be representative. But that's probably just me.

Given the number of "I got ripped off because I didn't read the conditions I was signing up for, and ignored all the warnings" threads, there is a fair chance an external site would be equally representative.

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

sigh .....

It represents some peoples views, but who is saying it is representative of more than those who completed it ??

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

The OP seems to think it represents something relevant.

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

The OP noted that it was interesting.

I agree with the OP it is interesting.

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

The OP noted that it was interesting.

I agree with the OP it is interesting.

I find piranhas interesting but I am not about to get intimately acquainted with them Woman LOL

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

Davewil -- you are sounding rather jaded.  Do I have to have a purpose? And how is a thread about ebay not relevant when posting on an ebay forum?  Have you never wondered how ebay would score if we could rate them on the same system they use for sellers?

My experience of review sites generally is that, while people do go to complain, they are usually balanced out by the positives - it is actually very rare to have that many bad reviews.  

I do think ebay has shot themselves in the foot with their hardline approach to sellers -- they come down very hard on sellers with the result being that sellers can be limited for a few, anonymous low detailed seller ratings within a 3 month period.  To counteract this ebay offers non store sellers / mostly buying accounts loads of free listings to encourage more listings on their site.  They should be looking after the sellers they already have, not treating them like scum. 

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

@pinktoedannie wrote:

My experience of review sites generally is that, while people do go to complain, they are usually balanced out by the positives - it is actually very rare to have that many bad reviews.  

That's true, but that site isn't really a review site, the fact that it mimics the feedback system on eBay makes it a bit different, in that it's offering people a sense of vindication. It's there to give outlet to all the people who have wished they could give eBay feedback and rate their stars - I've seen a few people on the boards express such a wish, and always in a manner that indicated they wouldn't be issuing a positive.

The resultant rating is not indicitave of much other than that there are a lot of people who aren't happy with eBay - I certainly don't mean to suggest that is irrelevant, of absolutely no interest or doesn't matter, but it's not likely representative of a balanced result.

If you want that (a more balanced result), I suggest googling "eBay review". Most of the ones out there have eBay at 3.5-4 stars out of 5.

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply