Re: Hey Ebay are you ever going to answer my questions and complaints ?

Must frustration is ebay don't respond.

The only feedback that ebay allows is positive.....how else do we let people know there are bad eggs out there. 

(point in case is on these responses we can only give it a thumbs up)

In both times I listed the same item, I entered into the sales process in all good faith and both times this magical ebay policy that you seem to love so much failed.  Oh yes I can hit the 'buyer did not pay' but the question is why are they (the winning bidders) allowed to just walk away ??

And I am not asking you to answer that, as you lot keep trolling out 'we are not ebay and our lord and master ebay don't read this).

This place seems to be the ultimate chocolate teapot.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

If you have your Buyer Requirements set up properly, any buyer who’s been given 2 or more non-payment strikes over the last 12 months will be blocked from bidding on or buying your items.

Read about this: https://www.ebay.com.au/help/selling/listings/creating-managing-listings/setting-buyer-requirements?...

Set this up: https://www.ebay.com.au/bmgt/buyerrequirements

Read this: 

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/policies/payment-policies/unpaid-item-policy?id=4271

❝Failure to pay for items is a violation of our Abusive buyer policy.

❝When a seller cancels an order because the buyer hasn't paid, the unpaid cancellation is recorded on the buyer's account. Buyers who have excessive unpaid cancellations may have limits imposed by a seller or by eBay, or lose their buying privileges. In some circumstances, buyers can appeal an unpaid cancellation recorded on their account.❞

You can report buyers who bid/buy and then don’t pay: https://www.ebay.com.au/help/policies/rules-policies-buyers/abusive-buyer-policy?id=4374

But for goodness’ sake, stop giving NPBs (non-paying bidders) any feedback!

It doesn’t warn anyone. Others will not see the buyer’s username; only you and the buyer can see it because you were in a transaction. To others, it is masked with asterisks.

It gives the bad buyer an extra green dot and a misleading increase in their positive rating.

They can contact eBay and get the actual comment removed.

You will be sanctioned if a buyer reports your doing it.

Not worth it. This isn’t anything to do with loving eBay’s policy on this; it’s to do with functioning effectively within the policy. Why flagellate yourself if there’s a better punishment for the NPB? Two or more strikes… and they will automatically be barred from buying from a great number of sellers.

I’d just add that being angry and venting that anger on the boards in an aggressive way doesn’t help you. Fellow community board members aren’t your enemy. Also, temper your temper in communications with buyers; there is no point in letting communications become stressful. Keep it short and professional; once 4 business days have passed and there’s no payment, don’t ask the buyer or remind the buyer (note that every time you send a reminder, it resets the 4 business days’ timeframe) — just automatically and calmly cancel with the newly appeared reason “buyer didn’t pay”.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Nothing to do with loving eBay policy

You agreed to said policy when you listed

You to reward non payers with big green ticks, with encourage them to keep doing it

You continue to post abuse and name calling

And as has been said, you are not 'warning' anyone

All people looking at feedback see are your green ticks

Correct. eBay bots rarely respond

When did you last try eBay Help and type in the chat bot you wanted to be transferred to a human agent?

Yes, most people here tell it like it is

eBay rarely read posts here

The policies you agreed to really do include you

Nothing 'magical' about it

It applies to everyone, including you

Next you will post here demanding to know why you still owe fees on any and all sales you did not cancel when the 'buyer' did not pay 

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

The feedback you’ve left is a no no and against eBay policies. You certainly cannot name and shame in feedback and the fact you’ve put the buyers postal address is definitely not allowed.

I would also ask eBay to remove the feedback you left where you’ve included your mobile number.  It leaves you open to abusive txt msgs, calls and you’ve given any scammers that troll feedback your number!

yes non payers are annoying, but you just have to bite the bullet, follow the non payment dispute and move on. Legal action will not come to anything but a waste of your time.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

The answer to your question in the title is never.

Not directly.

They don't seem to care about the individual but I do think they care about overall numbers so if you are ever lucky enough to be given one of their surveys, give your opinions there.

I've been on ebay for over 2 decades now, as both buyer & seller and over that time, I have seen it evolve almost out of recoginition.

They are always tweaking this and that.

It has become a much safer place to buy things (from a buyer perspective) and I know that, with things such as managed payments in place, it has also changed for sellers.

Quite honestly, I don't think you should focus on feedback. I do understand your anger with some customers. Been there, believe me.

But ebay don't care, they really don't. I have seen screenshots of customers who have been serial non payers or who have given serial negs to almost every seller they deal with. I am talking dozens. But they are allowed to go on their merry way.

I am not privy to ebay's thinking here but I suspect it is that even if a customer only sometimes pays, it is still a sale. And if a customer buys and does not pay, the seller is still charged the commission and can only get it back if they submit a claim. And how many sellers fail to do that? I would suspect thousands fail to, especially when it is a low priced item. My daughter was in that situation some time ago and was just going to forget it as 'too much trouble' till I was on her back to do it.

So you see, it is all money in ebay's coffers, that is the bottom line.

Your false positive feedback is doing no one any good. Most sellerss won't see it till after a person has bought anyway. You are only making those buyers look better with a higher feedback score.

And putting the buyer's phone number or address in feedback is risky. If those buyers report you to ebay, I would think you could be in major trouble with your account, you're a loose cannon from their perspective.

The ebay stance on feedback is not going to change. Your best bet is to always, always, claim your commission back from ebay if a buyer doesn't pay. I am quite prepared to believe the 2 you gave false neg feedback to were absolute pains to deal with, I hate customers like that too, but give them a well deserved  non paying strike.

As countess says, if they cop a couple of those in a short space of time, they will suddenly find they are blocked from buying frrom astute sellers who have blocks in place. 

Best revenge ever.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply