Re postage where has the option for 500 g ebay bag & 3kg bag gone?

Hi where has the option for ebay bags disapered too? None of the option given suit my parcels any clues?

Message 1 of 27
Latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Australia Post label pricing has changed as of today, I've just read the following under eBay Announcements:

As communicated in our Spring Seller Update, some postage service and pricing changes will come into effect on 7 November.

Australia Post label pricing
We are reflecting Australia Postโ€™s annual price change on our labels platform. The pricing is now zonal (local, metro or rural), which means youโ€™ll get more competitive pricing for same and different city metro deliveries. The Australia Post retail rates in the postage calculator have also been updated.

You can find the new pricing updated in the Seller Centre. You can also access the domestic postcode guide for metro zoning and the per kilogram pricing by origin and destination zone for parcels 5 kilograms or more in weight.

Australia Post Packaging Classification
Australia Post packaging is now classified by size rather than weight, to reflect their โ€˜If it packs, it postsโ€™ approach. For example, a 500 gram parcel is now a โ€˜smallโ€™ parcel. Satchels and boxes have a maximum weight of 5 kilograms, and prices vary depending on the origin and destination zone of the item.

Message 2 of 27
Latest reply

Hi cheers for that so my option for anything over 500g will cost upwards of $14. plus  does anyone knoew if you can still use the 3kg ebay satchel but fill up to 5 kg so confusing

Message 3 of 27
Latest reply

It's super confusing, and speaking to eBay has not helped. The rep I spoke with said they have had a lot of calls about this today, but they don't know what is going to happen at this stage.

There doesn't seem any point in using eBay Satchels now, the discounted postage has gone. I was paying $7.55 to send items using eBay 500g Satchels, now they will cost $8.95!

Message 4 of 27
Latest reply

cheaper buying prepaid satchels at the post office....they all now hold up to 5kg
Message 5 of 27
Latest reply

Hi so all listed items over 500 g now will be posted at a loss? Hope buyers purchase multiple items so as to combine?

Message 6 of 27
Latest reply

Can't you fit your items into a smaller satchel?
Message 7 of 27
Latest reply

I edited my postage when the new rates came in.

I went from about 120 over small (500g) items to 14. So I reduced the postage on 106 and amended the postage to the new rates for 14. Medium, large and extra large satchels basically equate to the old 1kg, 3kg and 5kg satchels, but can all now take up to 5kg. It's a size thing.

Message 8 of 27
Latest reply

I think the existing 3kg eBay satchel has become the new "Large satchel Holds up to 5kg 405mm x 310mm".

So yes, I'll be shoving 5kg in it from now on

Message 9 of 27
Latest reply

Hi Can I still use the eBay satchels? Do I print out the new Australia Post small satchel label and put it in the ebay bag?
Thanks
Message 10 of 27
Latest reply