Reach 100 sales, no free relisting 3 times.... What a stupid narrow minded policy, you just lost me

OK so you have $800 in fees from me, label me a Power Seller, and things are going along OK. Once a month, maybe twice I spend a few hours listing and of those 40 maybe 3 or 4 sell. Worth it for a bit of cash, and you got $ 800

Now having apparently sold 100 items; I am supposed to spend a few hours every dammed week spending an extra $60 in order to relist. You are kidding right ? Your business model instantly alientates the one small percentage of the membership who actually make you a decent amount of revenue each month. 

Completely bemused and will find something else to do as a hobby, one which will NOT involve giving you money each month. Well done. 

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Reach 100 sales, no free relisting 3 times.... What a stupid narrow minded policy, you just lost me

your not talking to anyone from ebay here, just buyers and sellers like yourself.

no one from ebay reads these forums to my knowlege.

Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

I know, but in the absence of a relevant audience it felt good to rant a little before exiting stage left.

It's really odd though, penalising members for generating them income ? Wierd
Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

well hope your rant has expelled a few demons.

tomorrows another day of happy selling on the worlds greatest site.

now excuse me whilst i do throw up.

Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

I'm with you 100% and I went through what you're experiencing right now.

And I received the biggest penalty of them all even after generating ebay a big **bleep** load of fees,

and that penalty was suspension for life.

It's really hard to figure out how ebay think?

The head of ebay must be a real **bleep**wit moron.

Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

If you've lost the 3 free relists, then your income must have exceeded $12,000 in the last year if you've just been upgraded to Powerseller. Once it drops below the threshold (it changes monthly), they'll return until you go over it again. You have to have made 100 sales AND $12,000 in earnings in the last year to lose them. The year is calculated monthly, so this month would be May 15 - May 16.

If you haven't earned over $12,000, then try revising some of your listings and see if it returns. Clear out cookies and cache and restart your browser. If that doesn't work, try revising using the device app as it almost always appears on there.

As for paying extra fees, only use your 40 free listings a month. Spread them out over the whole month. Keep an eye on these forums for free listing promotions. Sometimes they offer 100 free, other times it's 1,000, the current one is unlimited. Of course you have to still be careful otherwise you could end up with a heap left in your unsold once they're finished, but they seem to come up most months.

If the 40 a month aren't enough, consider opening a store.

Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

@cottontech_pty_ltd wrote:

OK so you have $800 in fees from me, label me a Power Seller, and things are going along OK. Once a month, maybe twice I spend a few hours listing and of those 40 maybe 3 or 4 sell. Worth it for a bit of cash, and you got $ 800

Now having apparently sold 100 items; I am supposed to spend a few hours every dammed week spending an extra $60 in order to relist. You are kidding right ? Your business model instantly alientates the one small percentage of the membership who actually make you a decent amount of revenue each month. 

Completely bemused and will find something else to do as a hobby, one which will NOT involve giving you money each month. Well done. 

Your probably won't like my post much...

The 3 free relists are a discretional bonus, akin to an introductory offer. I'm sure they're really handy and it's great not to have to pay to relist items, but it seems like you're taking offence to not getting as big of a free ride as you have been, which is in itself a little bemusing.

Like many other sellers, I don't pay to list items, as I subscribe to a store and have been (mostly) keeping my listings just under the free limit, but I rarely get anything else for free, like bonus listings and the like, definitely no extra free relists on anything and over the years I would have paid just a little bit more than $800 in fees (this point is attempting to address the second paragraph - as in, I don't much like all of eBay's revenue raising "antics", but I make more than they do out of my sales, so I can live with it).  

Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

Like many other sellers, I don't pay to list items, as I subscribe to a store and have been (mostly) keeping my listings just under the free limit,

Sorry Digi, but this irks me.   I see it time and time again.

If you pay for a store, then your listings are not  'free'  are they?

Whereas a non-store really does have free listings

Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

Like many other sellers, I don't pay to list items, as I subscribe to a store and have been (mostly) keeping my listings just under the free limit,

Sorry Digi, but this irks me.   I see it time and time again.

Whereas a non-store really does have free listings

It's like 'free' postage, which actually means 'included'.

I generally get 200 listings for $20.00 which works out at 10c each. Additionals are 5c each, but only if I have a store. Currently I get 400 listings for $20.00, so 5c per listing.

Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

Yes they are. 😉

A store subscription doesn't just provide X "free" listings. The $50 I pay every month, along with 500 (or, currently 1000) listings, gives me access to:

Selling Manager Pro (at no cost, normally $9.95)

Additional stats and records

Store menus for cross promotion on my own listings

Subscriber / marketing tools

Promotions manager 

Lower FVF

To assume my subscription means my listings aren't free means to assume all the other benefits I get have no value. 😛

Message 10 of 15
Latest reply