Received funds, sent item, funds then put on temporary hold after item received

How do I handle this? The items were purchased on the 29/12 and the funds have been put on temporary hold today.

"15/01/2015 20:24 AEDT - Buyer: Comics were listed as Amazing Spider-Man (1963 1st Series) Lot of 7 (#363, 380 / Maximum Carnage). The items I received were: 1992 #363#369 1993 #380#381#382 1994 #390#393. At best these comics are worth $2.00 each total cost of $14.00 yet I was charged $52.00 + $9.50 postage. These items were purely purchased because they were published in 1963 I would like a FULL REFUND because I was not suppled what was advertised."

That the buyer decided to go all super sleuth after the purchase is all kinds of annoying.

Everything regarding this listing was described perfectly. The 1963 part of the equation is relating to which series the comics belong too. To date there have been three Amazing Spider-man series, the first being the 1963 series, the second beginning in 1999 and a third began last year in April. The purchased comics belong to the 1963 series, hence the title, Amazing Spider-Man (1963 1st Series) Lot of 7 (#363, 380 / Maximum Carnage).

The period which these were published is stated in the item specifics under era, 1990's. I have linked the listing below to show this.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Amazing-Spider-Man-1963-1st-Series-Lot-of-7-363-380-Maximum-Carnage-/2617...

Regarding the price, it was an auction, the buyer chose to pay that price. What do I do now? They now have the items and I have nothing. Can not find anything on eBay to help me solve this.

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

I'm confused. Were the comics printed in 1963 or in the 90's?

Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

Printed in the 90's but belong to the 63 series

But buyer thought they were printed in 63 and clearly didn't read OP's listing properly

Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

I can see how the buyer could have been confused. The title says they are 1963 1st series. If I'd seen that, I would assume they were printed in 1963. If the buyer was using a phone, it would have been easy to miss the item specifics. The description didn't really say a lot.

Now I'm curious, how does something printed in the 90's, belong to the 1963 series? Genuine question because I'm interested. The extent of my knowledge on comics was owning a stack of them when I was a kid (which would probably be worth a small fortune now if I still had them!!!).

Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

Yep I just had a look and only the era has the 90's but there is no description in writing that states that so yes I can also see why the buyer is not happy.

A better description and OP wouldn't be in this situation,so the best thing to do is ask the buyer to return them for a full refund.

Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

The first series began in 1963 and ran until 1998. These were printed towards the end of the run.
Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

yep, should have been 100% clear in your own words when was printed.
Not just the era its listed IN.

If I sold a poster for a newer rerelease of an old film, I would have date of film and year it was rereleased and poster reissued.
Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

This buyer is purchasing comics so one would assume he would be aware of what they are,I had a look at others the same that are listed and all say 1963 series so nothing wrong with the listing, also these were purchased almost 3 weeks ago and now he wants his money back.Don't think a refund is due here also the seller lists a lot of comics so presumably he knows what his on about and has very good feedback.

Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

ebay has a 30 day money back guarantee now so it wouldn't have mattered if the buyer waited 29 days and asked for a refund

Blame ebay for that.

Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

Sorry, wrong thread

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 10 of 15
Latest reply