Received message that I have violated ebay policy with a listing

Hi,

Received an 'Urgent action Required' message from eBay that I am violating sellers policy on 2 listings.

I have an ebay store & provided eBay with the information whch they uploaded to initiate the store. I have not added to those listings.

So, eBay uploaded & posted our products for us. At the time, I did not receive any notification that any were violating policy.

Our company logo is included in all our listings, which eBay uploaded on our behalf.

I cannot find any other contact information which is inappropriate. There are no email addresses, no phone numbers included in listings.

Could someone please assst & inform me exactly how we are violating policy.

Thank you!

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Have you gotten in touch with ebay and asked them?

I don't have a store, so I don't know how ebay is involved with listings and what is uploaded by them on the store holder's behalf

Possibly ebay,in all their wisdom have uploaded things which is going to be in violation of their new policies coming into play shortly

Other members here who have experience with having a store may have a beter idea on what is going on here

Otherwise best contact ebay (by phone is far better than email) and asking what the situation is

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Call eBay, apparently automated computer robots are picking up key words since the new policies on giving contact info.

image host
Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

probably the most likely problem is that the HTML of those listings includes embedded links which have now been outlawed. if you "revise" those two listings and go down to the description and click the "HTML" tag and search for "href" and there are any links in there - they need to be removed to stop you from violating the policy.

if this isn't the reason, then i have no idea and it'd be best to do as others have suggested and contact ebay :] 

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

gec2002
Community Member

You have external links to codisto

eg

<a href="http://codisto.com/"..............

---------------------------------------------------
Profanity is no substitute for wit.
Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Go through your listing VERY carefully. I got the same email and I had already removed all the links in my listings - or so I thought. 

Upon further looking I found one of the links I deleted was still showing in the html. I had deleted the whole link but missied the full stop. It still had the html applied to it.

Deleted the full stop and all was good ! 

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply