Recent ‘Auto-relist until item sells” feature is unreliable resulting in extra fees for new listing

Since the recent changes to auctions “Auto relist item until it sells” (vs the old way ‘automatically relist 8 times’ any 7 day auction (in my case), I have had issues with few items. When I was relisting items from the unsold folder and trying to mark the checkbox for relisting I get this error message - “You can't relist this, because you've selected to automatically relist it”, even though the checkbox was empty?!

I had to rely on Ebay message (already on auto relist), only to find out that the listing was not relisted, so I had to list it again which pushed me over the 40 free listing items! The unsold folder (the bulk format) actually shows a record per each item – some have ““Relist Continuously until Item Sells” (in the Title column), yet the status column shows clearly “Not relisted”?! (I have a screenshot of this.)

There isn’t even a simple way to ascertain how many times was an item relisted already (unless we manually count it!!!), so can we keep the track of the fees – shouldn’t Ebay make this transparent for us?! And what is the rule anyway for this “relist until it sells”; it used to be relist 8 times for free (if under 40 listings)?

Because of this feature not working correctly I have not only incurred extra fees, but I had to take
auto-relist off for all my items and completely clear my items for sale for this month!!!

It is also extremely difficult to communicate with Ebay. From my last experience using the Chat (robot most likely, judging by the answers) it can be very frustrating to explain issues. Where is the form online (they don’t give you email), I cannot find it anymore.

Any relevant experience/solution to this anyone?

Message 1 of 1
Latest reply
0 REPLIES 0