Recent changes to Ebay and my sales have almost come to a stop

With the recent changes to Ebay: Ebay premium service and so on, my sales have halted dramatically. I am a Top Rated Powerseller, but I'm hardly getting any sales or even watchers anymore. I have noticed when searching on particular items to check where my listings stand in 'Best Match' that new sellers or listings with no sales are ahead of me, which wasn't the case before the changes. It seems that not a lot of sellers have made the changes to premium service as I thought this might be the reason. Has anyone else noticed the same?

Message 1 of 41
Latest reply
40 REPLIES 40

Same here did the same,All my listing offer a premuim service.

And now nothing in sales,

Thanks Ebay.

Message 2 of 41
Latest reply

I've definitely noticed the same - Best Match has gone loco and sales are very quiet at the moment.  I wish I could say it was just a seasonal slump but it does seem that the Ebay changes have had an effect.  My few token Ebay premium listings weren't even rating as well in search results as my normal listings, so I ended up changing some of my higher ranking listings to premium service.  If it wasn't for some fabulous, loyal, repeat customers, I think business would be even worse.

Message 3 of 41
Latest reply

Same here I am down 80% in sales compared to last month,they took away  my top rated seller status for the first time because 4 buyers out of 160 last month were not happy with my postage times and I post within  24 to 48hrs of purchase.Ebay is moving towards only wanting large companies and chinese sellers here and I believe they will use every trick in the book to get rid of smaller sellers like me..................................

Message 4 of 41
Latest reply

I don't know whats going on - last month worst month ever across all IDs - last week started off 40% down, ended 60% down in sales ..... Ebay sales are never consistent I get that, but my views and watchers are down too.

Dunno whats up ? Seems like quite a few sellers have had similar downturns.

Message 5 of 41
Latest reply

If you're only issue was on postage time - maybe you should get Ebay to look at it again.  Posting within 24 - 48 hours seems quite reasonable and it may be you've been stung with low DSRs from buyers judging you on the time it takes the courier or postie to deliver it instead of how long it took you to post it - which is against Ebay policy/ recommendations for buyers.  Might be worth a try.  A few months ago I had some low DSRs on postage time which Ebay "disregarded" for that exact reason.

Message 6 of 41
Latest reply

I Contacted them twice regaurding this issue and was told they will review my my DSR on the 20th of this month as long as I improve my postage times they will consider it then.It seems it only takes a couple of unhappy buyewrs for whatever reason can destroy your buisness for a month seems very unfair,they told me it was 4 that were not happy about postage times on the 20th of last month.I sold to ove 160 customers that month all were happy exept 4 so go figure.Ebay is making to hard to sell here unless you are a big company with access to quick shipping ect,like everything big companies will take over ebay as sellers and squeeze us littles guys out and they will implement strategies to make it inpossable for us to make money here..............

Message 7 of 41
Latest reply

genrel
Community Member

Ditto. I quite often post the same day or following day and I still get slammed by some buyers. I don't get it, I even tell people how long it will take for the item to reach them so they know when to expect it. What else can you do? 

I've also noticed eBay aren't maintaining the site as well as they use to. I complained about an issue with the "Fix my gallery image" six months ago and nothing was ever done about it. The problem is not only still there but getting worse. It won't even try to find the image anymore. I can click the button for 10 minutes and nothing happens. 

Sorry to say eBay is losing all crediblity as a selling site...it's now very third rate. I am doing better on other sites and that is saying something!!

Message 8 of 41
Latest reply

Absolutely agree. 

I wonder if my refusal to change my listings to fit in with the new requirements for the top rated seller has affected me. 

I simply can't offer overnight express postage as I know express is only guaranteed overnight between capital cities - if I offer express buyers who choose it will expect express and may not understand it isn't guaranteed overnight (Australia post doesn't exactly go out of their way to explain what express really is).  Consequently my feedback or DSR's will suffer (Curse DSR's - the 'anonymous' destroyer of sellers).

I also am not going to offer 30 day money back guarantee for certain items, as it isn't feasible (in practice I do accept returns for these items, but I want to make sure buyers don't buy with the intention of simply returning the item when they're finished it.  I offer a replacement guarantee instead).

My sales have been so bad for September/October I consider the profit margin to be almost too low to bother with.   The free listings don't compensate for the rise in fees (I go well over the free listing amount every month).    Coupled with ebays lack of customer support and the unrealistic expectations they have fostered in buyers I feel like a mug for even continuing at the moment.  

Message 9 of 41
Latest reply

One of the Ebay reps also suggested I free express post to avoid ant problems with postage times,thats a ridiculousness thing to say as a lot of my items are around the $10.00 to $20.00 mark.This to me shows just how out of touch with sellers ebay has become..............

Message 10 of 41
Latest reply