Recent changes to Ebay and my sales have almost come to a stop

With the recent changes to Ebay: Ebay premium service and so on, my sales have halted dramatically. I am a Top Rated Powerseller, but I'm hardly getting any sales or even watchers anymore. I have noticed when searching on particular items to check where my listings stand in 'Best Match' that new sellers or listings with no sales are ahead of me, which wasn't the case before the changes. It seems that not a lot of sellers have made the changes to premium service as I thought this might be the reason. Has anyone else noticed the same?

Message 1 of 41
Latest reply
40 REPLIES 40

This is what I can't understand , here is an example :  both sellers A and B have 99.99 % feedback each , Seller B doesn't have Top Seller status because a few posted item arrived late because of no fault of the seller .

The two sellers have the same identical item for sale , Seller A has the price at $20 plus $10 postage while Seller B has it for only $5 plus $1.80 postage .

Would the difference in sales between Seller A and Seller B  be 80 % lower for Seller B because Top Seller Status doesn't apply ? or because Seller B gets less exposure ? and also is there any information that shows what % of buyers use '' Best Match '' over '' Lowest Price and Lowest Postage '' when they do their searches because if many potential buyers were using '' Lowest Prices '' in their search ? and then you would think Seller B would not be losing about 80% of their sales while Top Seller Status doesn't apply .

Message 31 of 41
Latest reply

Best match is a total joke. If I type in the keywords "Amazing Spider-Man #12", that means I want to see EVERY COPY OF AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #12 so I can then compare them for myself.

I don't want or need some mindless computer program to make my decisions for me based on how good/bad the seller is according to some bizarre set of meaningless algorithms.

Also, why does eBay insist we offer "free postage"? I've asked at my local post office and they DON'T HAVE THAT SERVICE - - NO SUCH THING, GUYS!

Anyone who says they offer "free postage" is indulging in false advertising.

Message 32 of 41
Latest reply

Same as so many responders to this post. My sales over the last few weeks have never been so poor in 5 and a half years of selling !!

Also number of watchers right down. The whole experience of selling on ebay has suddenly begun to feel like a lot of hard work for virtually NO rewards !!

Very de-motivating !!

Hope things pick up for everyone in the near future !!

Message 33 of 41
Latest reply

@kustomizer99 wrote:

Also, why does eBay insist we offer "free postage"? I've asked at my local post office and they DON'T HAVE THAT SERVICE - - NO SUCH THING, GUYS!

? Money. There is other advantages but not enough to get back the seller fees on the postage cost ebay charges on free post items.

Message 34 of 41
Latest reply

First time contributor here...

Other than the 'cone of silence' that seems to descend on my ebay selling on a reasonably regular basis but thankfully not at the moment...

I have been alerted to the issue that the number of mobile phone/smart phone users buying on EBay is increasing.  In a recent discussion with a buyer we realised that of the 30 or so items I had listed on my site she could only see 5 on her phone when looking at my current listings.  I had to give her item ID numbers so she could locate other items I had for sale.

I don't know if this restricted viewing is related to an app or to certain smart phone users but this certainly was a significant reason I was failing to make sales to this regular buyer. 

I am also frustratingly aware that mobile phone buyers do not receive/do not see invoices and messages that I send to them so some sales transactions are taking longer to complete

Anyone else experiencing this?

Message 35 of 41
Latest reply

Novelty of shopping on Ebay has well and trully worn off...

Too many other choices - something is gotta give!

And this urging of Ebay's to offer free postage?

Great for someone, not sure whom, maybe not even for the customers, as postage gets loaded into the item price anyway.

And if and when Ebay actually starts selling something - they can by all means offer free postage!

Message 36 of 41
Latest reply

Yes sales have gone out the window not a lot going on looks like we will have to venture elsewhere to make a living!!!!! To much cheap rubbish coming from overseas and very hard to compete with it.

Message 37 of 41
Latest reply

That is right, I have no idea how come those sellers' listing is always on the top. even though they have 0 sell. My listings that have better sell unfortunately get pushed away by the new listing. The front page of best match is full of same items that listed by the same seller. It is an unfair place to do the business!!!!!
Message 38 of 41
Latest reply

Makes you wonder what page of the 'Generic Responses Handbook' that was from...!!!

Message 39 of 41
Latest reply

Thing's have slowed right down to a grinding holt some reason or another alarming when I read your article I feel that way kinda aswell 

Message 40 of 41
Latest reply