Recent changes to Seller Hub are DISASTROUS!!!

Since the layout and content of the "Manage all orders” page in Selling Manager Pro "Sellers Hub" was changed recenty, it is A LOT less functional, is much harder to read and takes twice as long to process orders!

The following integral features have been removed:

• Payment status symbol - SO USEFUL!!!
  • Postage status symbol - SO USEFUL!!!
  • Postage cost column - a quick and easy way to tell if something is regular domestic, express domestic, international or pick up
  • Days since sale

It would also be extremely useful to have an ebayplus label against each relevant sale.

Whoever does the back end work clearly never uses ebay as a seller! I’ve contacted eBay support, but unsurprisingly they have been completely unhelpful.

As a seller who uses this pages very regularly, the changes have made my job a lot harder. Anyone else having similar issues?

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: Recent changes to Seller Hub are DISASTROUS!!!

Sorry for slow reply.  I don't think I'm subscribed to Selling Manager Pro.  I pay $27.45 per month for the Ebay shop which allows me to list "until cancelled" 

I've been trying to upload a pic of what my Sold list looks like when I open my page "My Ebay All Selling" but I can't figure out how to change the file to jpeg.gif.   It keeps rejecting my screenshots.  It shows start date, postcode, etc whatever you select.

I've customised it to only show the first 10 items selling so that I don't have to scroll too far to see the sold list.  A phone call to Ebay taught me this.... but I should not have had to phone them in the first place.  It used to be so simple.

Hope this helps.

Message 11 of 14
Latest reply

Apologies... my situation is irrelevant to you as I don't use SMP.   I used to be able to see detailed sold list by clicking on left hand menu but that list is now so basic that it's useless, therefore now using the method outlined above.

Message 12 of 14
Latest reply

@purplemon18 wrote:

If you want to be able to customise, then perhaps the download report is what you really want.

It's a link in the top right corner of the sellor hub orders page. I use it for large letter label printing, but it probably has all the data you want.

That's hardly the point is it?

The whole idea of data on a screen is that the data is available immediately - load screen, see data ... milliseconds

Select report, save or open? download report, open in excel, load report, switch back to browser. Wash rinse repeat for next sale?

Only eBay could think that sort of thing was any "improvement".

Still, if we've had so few sales that there's not much packing, maybe a bit of mindless busywork is a distraction?

Message 13 of 14
Latest reply

This is why we are leaving Ebay. These upgrades and so-called 'improvements' only delay the processing time for orders - when doing 50 or more at a time. 

The customisable columns where essential for processing orders based on post code/date/shipping method etc. Now, we can only guess  what's what with this new and lacking view. 

Furthermore, the names on the dashboard don't always match the buyer/shipping name, which causes further issues when picking orders. 

If the buyer orders using a different name then the shipping name (quite frequent) then we need stop or our work-flow and refer back to the detailed customer view just to match up the sale to the shipping label. 

Its now 2022 and Ebay still haven't added customised columns to Seller-Hub (promised back in 2019), so we are leaving the platform and spending the money we'll save (on ever-increasing fees) in marketing for our own site. 

Good luck to all that stay and hope you have success with this dying marketplace. 

Message 14 of 14
Latest reply