Redirected unsafe to drop, Australia Post

A customer opened a case because she didn't receive her parcel. AusPost tracking said that it was unsafe to drop and item was now in transit. Customer told me it was 'in transit' because she redirected it to another address. 2 weeks had passed since then. I asked her to check with AusPost as it was now her item given she asked for the redirect and I have had nothing to do with that aspect of the delivery. I didn't hear back and she escalated the case to ebay.  I lost the case. She got her money back. I don't have the item and I don't even know where she tried to send it to, plus I paid postage.  Is this correct for ebay to rule against me? I did nothing wrong - I mailed it to her address as requested and she took it over from her delivery address with a redirect. Should I have lost the case? What about AusPost, what have they done with her item? *Confused*

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

The short answer is that ebay almost always sides with the buyer. If the tracking does not show delivered, then you will lose the case.

Not much you can do now, but If the tracking changes to delivered you could possibly win an appeal.

If you get any defects, you might be able to convince someone to remove it or them by using the option in help to have ebay call you (the customer service people who make calls seem to have more power to make changes).

You could also try contacting auspost about a lost parcel if the tracking is stalled. You might even be able to get your money back from them if it is lost.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

If the tracking shows it was redirected by the buyer, that would surely negate the buyer's case.

I don't know, but to me that should not trigger the MBG.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

According to the AP postage pages, standard post parcels now come with up to $100 compensation so I would lodge an enquire via Messenger to Aust Post.  They may even be able to confirm that a) the parcel redirection was requested by the receiver and/or may be able to confirm delivery even if the tracking shows “in transit”.  Had that happen to a return, tracking showed “in transit” but AP were able to confirm the parcel was in fact delivered.  It’s worth a try and you have nothing to lose!

let us know how you go!

Copied from AP website when calculating standard postage
Features:

Up to $100 of compensation included
Message 4 of 4
Latest reply