Refund Request Question (Missing Parts).

Hello there,

So this is the first time this has happened to me, basically I have found the part of the item I sold that the buyer didn't recieve (honest msitake, my father who posted it doesn't know a lot about video games) after they sent a refund request.

They sent a refund request but said to tell them if it was left out by mistake and I've responded by saying I can mail them the missing part for free (and posted pictures in the refund request to show it does exist and didn't get lost).

Assuming they accept that how does the system work in this case? Postage of the item will take longer than 3 business days, do they have to cancel the request or something?

It would have been better if they had messaged me first without requesting a refund and avoided the process but it is what it is.

Message 1 of 2
Latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Refund Request Question (Missing Parts).

This is a bit of a tricky one, and will rely on the buyer still wanting the purchase and being willing to wait for the part.

If they escalate the claim, they will be required to return everything for a refund, so there would not be much point in doing that if they still want it if they get the missing part - maybe it will help to advise the buyer that their options here are to wait for the part to arrive, or to return everything for a refund, and be clear that they will be required to close the case once the part is received. You may then be able to gauge how reasonable they are, and if they are willing to work with you for the best solution. The 3 days to resolve the case doesn't mean the case will automatically be decided at that point, it means the buyer can escalate if they don't get the answer or solution they want from the seller (the buyer actually has around 30 days to escalate, but they can't in the first few days). 

If they opt to wait for the part, I may actually be tempted to send it express, if that is feasible for you and the buyer is understanding, willing to wait etc, just to help get things resolved as quickly as possible (if they are not, eg rude, demanding or otherwise making things feel too risky, I would opt to just have them return everything for a refund). 

Message 2 of 2
Latest reply