Refund, Yes or No?

A buyer emailed me stating that the measurements on my listing were incorrect and out by 4cm.

I was more than happy to refund if I was incorrect, received garment back from buyer and found my measurement to be correct.

Not sure why you would send back a $5.00 skirt in the first place as they do sell themselves.

Am willing to refund the skirt but buyer wants me to pay for both postage costs which I feel I do not have to as the garment is as described.

Do I refund everything or just the garment?

Thanks 🙂

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Refund, Yes or No?

If they open a dispute for item not as described paypal will instruct them to return the item via trackable post at their expense to get the refund of the total they paid to you.

You can ask the buyer to return the item and IF you were wrong you will refund the cost of postage both ways but if the measurements are correct you will return the item once postage is paid to return the item or refund the cost of the item only.

If the measurements are correct send them a photo with the tape measure on the item where they claim it is wrong.

If they do open the dispute and the item is correctly advertised you can call paypal and tell them you can send photos to verify the item is as described and not to refund the buyer.

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Refund, Yes or No?

thanks sparktz, I received the garment back and I have taken a photo with tape measure showing that I was correct.

Just have to wait and see if they open a dispute & hopefully they don't leave a neg.....

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Refund, Yes or No?

If they open a dispute and it is escalated to a claim they will have to return it via trackable post and if they have returned it without this then not be refunded anyway as they can not prove postage to you.

But if they leave neg feedback call ebay and ask for it's removal as you can prove the item is as described by sending photos if need be.

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Refund, Yes or No?

All this over $5,the nerve of this buyer

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Refund, Yes or No?

Do you read what you are replying to?

OP, if you have it back refund them the item price. It can be classed as a change of mind, in which case they can expect to pay postage both ways.

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Refund, Yes or No?

ytwo000
Community Member

just make sure to put a block on these fools since they cant read the description or even a tapeSmiley LOL

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Refund, Yes or No?

How often do you get returns for change of mind ? If it is rare, I would just give them their money back ( post one way and item cost ) and add them to my BBL if they are being unreasonable. I know you should not be out of pocket on postage one way, but you get the occasional odd transaction on ebay. If you start stressing too much, it makes it impossible to front up to the computer the next day. I get maybe one change of mind / item did not suit question in around two hundred sales. I only add them to my BBL. them if they are unreasonable about it all and sometimes the buyer goes on to be a reliable repeat customer. I find rolling with the punches a bit goes a long way to keeping me sane. I have a margin built into profit of every item sold to cover claims of all sorts and just pay out on the rare occasions something goes wrong. The only time I get really nasty is when some-one delibrately tries to "rip me off" or is overly rude and aggressive from the start. This only happens once in maybe 1000 transactions, then its NO MORE MISTER NICE GUY !!!!!

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

Refund, Yes or No?

I would only issue a refund on the actual item price. Seriously the buyer lied to you. I would rather be told that the item didn't suit, or they didn't like it on, rather than be told a straight out lie. If they had been honest I would have said just keep it or donate it to a charity. I  wouldn't be refunding postage. If i had purchased it and didn't like it on I wouldn't even mention it. I would just leave feedback and move on. You could always offer $2.50 refund, it does cost to actually list the item and you don't get that money refunded. That's what I would do, but having said that, im not in the best of moods right now lol.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply