Refunds

Tonight i had a request (well more like a demand) for a refund from a buyer claiming damage on a Leona Edmiston dress i sold on Sunday.Buyer claims damage on a tie at the bottom of the dress,claims it's false advertising etc & that she expects a refund.

I msg back that usual procedure is to send me a pic of the damage then post the item back.

I tied those ties up for pics just before i listed it & you can see 'em in the pics.No damage but I'm fine with a refund.

She msg back that i already know the damage & she not going to take pics but give her my address so she can post back & wants the refund paid to her bank account.

She paid with PayPal so if i refund to her bank account can she claim she got no refund?Or is it better to do it this way with the new defect system?

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: Refunds

The fact she won't produce pictures of said damage is strange.
You know I have people try it on all the time. Message me saying item damaged. one even produced a picture of the damage (but it wasn't my item) I simply told them to send them back in the same condition they were sent for a full refund. Still waiting for them to be returned 6 months later. I never heard from them again.
Message 11 of 15
Latest reply

AGAIN I REFER BACK TO THOSE LOVELY PEOPE OUT THERE THAT LIKE TO GET THINGS FOR FREE. SINCE EBAY AND AUST POST GOT TOGETHER AND HAVE TRACKING ON ALL PARCELS THEYVE HAD TO PUT THEIR THINKING CAPS ON AND WORK OUT OTHER SCAMS. I USED TO REALLY CARE ABOUT GETTING NEG FEEDBACK AND WOULD BEND OVER BACKWARDS TO AVOID ONE. BUT YOU CAN PICK THESE PEOPLE A MILE OFF AND BUGGER IT. IF YOU KNOW THERE WAS NO DAMAGE TO THIS DRESS THEN MAKE A STAND FOR YOURSELF AND ALL US SMALL SELLERS THAT ARE BEING RORTED BY THESE TYPES AND EBAY FOR THAT MATTER.

Message 12 of 15
Latest reply

I would not refund this one yet. Firstly if they won't give you a photo of the damage it could be a scam. Also don't refund to a different way. If the item is returned damaged - no refund at all. It must be returned in the same condition it went in to get a refund. As you have photo proof of no damage you would be able to prove this to paypal. Tell them this and you probably won't hear from them again.

Message 13 of 15
Latest reply

Yeah she took 45min to reply after i msg her to say the bit about sending photos then returning the item before a refund would be given.I think she had the idea that if she whinged that she would just get a refund & keep the dress.

There was no damage,so she's got nothing to take a photo of.Unless she damages it. & can see in the listing pics that the ties at the bottom were there.

Will leave an update if anything new happens with this one.I just didn't want to refund to bank acc then have her dispute with PayPal to get another refund.

I left a hint in bold with a msg above if anyone else would like to avoid her.

Message 14 of 15
Latest reply

Thank You Narelle for the hint. I hope all goes well for you in this instance.

Online shoplifting seems to be becoming the new hobby for some! Or there seems to be a "wear & return for refund" new mentality. If the seller has a no returns policy, or a weak return statement,  they claim SNAD through Paypal. Touch wood I've not had to deal with this recently, apart from a lady who messaged me to say the bra I sold her (after 12 emails prior to purchase) "Didn't look as nice as she'd hoped" A rather ambiguous statement (I have a no returns on underwear & intimates policy & AU law backs me in this)

I had a handbag buyer claim lost parcel 3 days after it was sent from Melb to FNQ. INR in Paypal by buyer on day 3 after postage. How could that occur? I'm happy for 7 days postal time to FNQ addresses.

Austpost wouldn't refund when 10 days elapsed time came to investigate a lost parcel as "too many parcels go missing to that address" & I quote. Despite this statement from AP in writing; Paypal refunded the buyer. I was out the cost of the bag & postage & it rankles me that the woman has the bag & got it for free!

I'm thinking there are too many horror stories from sellers with regards to women's wear & accessories just lately! Can't be a coincidence?

Message 15 of 15
Latest reply