Relist item No. 325423473663

The buyer did not respond to invoices from eBay and myself as the seller of the Mercedes-Benz. It was sold on the 21st of November, 2022. I have still not had any contact with the buyer. I can't find a phone number to contact him.

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

And........................the plate is still there.

Message 11 of 18
Latest reply

It is remarkable how many people cannot be frazzled. Enviable sangfroid.

Message 12 of 18
Latest reply

Why bother coming to a member to member forum and ask a question and then not take any advice.

Message 13 of 18
Latest reply

No doubt they will be back quick smart if the poot does hit the fan because they chose to ignore everyone who tried to give them advice on how to avoid the poot hitting the fan 

Message 14 of 18
Latest reply

@sandypebbles wrote:

No doubt they will be back quick smart if the poot does hit the fan because they chose to ignore everyone who tried to give them advice on how to avoid the poot hitting the fan 

Bet they don't! Imagine how much poot they'll get into when they discover that you can't put email addresses and phone numbers into listings (it's a regular listing, not a classified ad). I'd hate to think of the spam he's getting now! 

Message 15 of 18
Latest reply

I sent about three text messages to the buyer at Doveton, and I know eBay also sent three text messages. I have sent this email address and my telephone number to him and have had no reply from him. The car is still available, and if he would like to contact me at 0425730348, I will give him my bank details so he can pay the $3,950.00 into my bank, and we can help him arrange for the vehicle to be transported to his home. Please forward this text to him and ask him to contact me here in Delacombe 3356

Kind Regards

Gary Thompson 

Message 16 of 18
Latest reply

I certainly have made a serious mistake in putting this car up for sale without reading the fine print. I haven't posted anything on eBay for a very long time, and things have obviously changed. I must have taken the photos of the car before I returned the plates to Vic Roads. As I said later in my responses, I turned 80 this year, and one of the reasons I am selling is my eyesight is failing, and driving is becoming a problem. If my mistakes have offended anyone, I truly apologise.

If I made these mistakes, why did eBay leave them in the text? Why didn't they remove them? I have been trying to take the last line of text from the ad and reduce the price, and I can't find a way to do it. Can anyone help me?

Kind regards

Thomo

Message 17 of 18
Latest reply

I wouldn't reduce the price, it's a Merc for goodness sakes! If I didn't live interstate, I'd snap it up in a heartbeat for that price. It looks like you've looked after it.

As for editing your listing, probably the easiest way for you would be to click on your listing. Then up the top there should be a link to revise. Click on that and you should get the page up the same as when you created the listing. You can change what you need and then submit. If you've handed the plates back, then it shouldn't be an issue.

If you get a bid, you can't change anything. I think if there is less than 24 hours on the auction, you can't change anything, but as you still have 5 days, you should be OK. While you're editing, the bit down the bottom about no rego and no roadworthy, I'd be inclined to increase the font size, make it bold and make it red, so people don't miss it. I can guarantee someone will complain because it's not registered. Might even be worth putting that at the top because a lot of people don't read the full description. If they use the app, they may not even click on the description, but enough of it shows whereby they would see that bit.

I'm actually surprised the ebay bots didn't pick up your phone number and email address. Maybe things are different in the motors category and they are allowed? Regardless, just be very careful of any emails you might get. NEVER click on a link in an email, even when it looks legit. Scammers are very good these days at making emails look legit. Even the best eagle eyed people are still getting caught, so rule of thumb, no clicking on links. 

Same for SMS messages. Never click on a link in an SMS, unless you are absolutely sure it's someone you know. I got one tonight saying "Overdue notice. Your credit will be affected, please deal with it as soon as possible <link provided> for more information". That one was very generic. I also get them from my internet provider saying I'm in arrears and to click the link to rectify or my internet will be cut off. Instead of some random number, it actually says my ISP by name. I know it's not them, but a lot would think it was and click the link. DON'T do it!

I hope you can sell your car!

Message 18 of 18
Latest reply