Relist item No. 325423473663

The buyer did not respond to invoices from eBay and myself as the seller of the Mercedes-Benz. It was sold on the 21st of November, 2022. I have still not had any contact with the buyer. I can't find a phone number to contact him.

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

I am sure they appreciate you posting their name and address on a public forum

Especially when it comes up when you go to post something NOT to give out personal details

You don't get to phone them, either

You follow correct procedure

What are you hoping to achieve by giving the 'buyers' full details out to the general public?

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 18
Latest reply

There's literally nothing you can do with buyers who do not pay up after auction.

Only items that are listed as Buy It Now with "Immediate Payment" will require the buyer to immediately fully check out and pay you.

Make sure you cancel the sale so that you get your fees back.

And why on earth would you post someone's private info on a public forum??

Lastly, please remove/obscure the licence plate from the pictures as this is a leading cause of cloning that may end up costing you thousands in fines.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

If a buyer does not pay, you can cancel the sale after 4 days, which will mean a non-payment strike for him, but you are not allowed to name and shame on this board or to share personal details of buyers or sellers or anybody because this is a public forum.

If you cancel the sale, you won't have to pay fees apart from I think 30 cents?

Edit: the buyer seems to have placed bids on other cars too and probably found a better deal if he is ignoring you, so it might be a good idea to just cancel the sale. After you cancel the sale, you can relist the item.

Message 2 of 18
Latest reply

I am sure they appreciate you posting their name and address on a public forum

Especially when it comes up when you go to post something NOT to give out personal details

You don't get to phone them, either

You follow correct procedure

What are you hoping to achieve by giving the 'buyers' full details out to the general public?

Message 3 of 18
Latest reply

There's literally nothing you can do with buyers who do not pay up after auction.

Only items that are listed as Buy It Now with "Immediate Payment" will require the buyer to immediately fully check out and pay you.

Make sure you cancel the sale so that you get your fees back.

And why on earth would you post someone's private info on a public forum??

Lastly, please remove/obscure the licence plate from the pictures as this is a leading cause of cloning that may end up costing you thousands in fines.

Message 4 of 18
Latest reply

Cancel the sale using the buyer didn't pay option.

You are selling the vehicle unregistered. Legally, you need to remove the number plates when selling unregistered. 

Also, you do know that the buy it now price isn't a reserve price don't you?

Message 5 of 18
Latest reply

@*sons_and_daughters* wrote:

I thought that for vehicles and real estate you could put reserves on auctions ?

Maybe they changed that..........shrugs......

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 6 of 18
Latest reply

@padi*0409 wrote:

@*sons_and_daughters* wrote:

I thought that for vehicles and real estate you could put reserves on auctions ?

Maybe they changed that..........shrugs......

It used to be that you could have a starting bid price, and you could have a secret reserve price, and underneath the bid panel, you would see ‘Reserve not met’…. But I haven’t seen that in a while, so I’m not sure. I did see and watch a lot of caravan sales earlier this year and I actually don’t remember any of them having the ‘reserve not met’ indication. 

I’ll let someone else research this…. I can’t BF! 😒

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 7 of 18
Latest reply

@janeababe wrote:

I’ll let someone else research this…. I can’t BF! 😒

Consider it done Jane - I couldn't BF yesterday..........

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/bidding/reserve-prices-work/reserve-prices-work?id=4018&st=12&pos=2&que...

Message 8 of 18
Latest reply

Are you thinking what  I'm thinking, B F ? 

😋

Message 9 of 18
Latest reply

@sandypebbles wrote:

Are you thinking what  I'm thinking, B F ? 

Probably Sandy - but I was kinda hoping my Halo might become a 24 carat gold one after that stupendous effort of mine this morning. 🤣

Message 10 of 18
Latest reply