Relisting unsold items

I am having trouble with items showing up in my “unsold and not relisted” section. I have had at least two items that have been sold show up in here and I have inadvertently relisted them (twice). I fear there are more items like this and don’t know how to resolve the issue. I spoke to an agent on chat but I am not sure they were following the conversation. I generally work on eBay after hours and would like to be able to email someone with photos / screen shots etc of what I can see but can’t find email addresses for help anywhere.

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Relisting unsold items

You will need to persist with the chat option. Emailing eBay is more futile than singing There’s a hole in the bucket, dear Liza.

eBay email responses are bot-generated, based upon what are identified as key words. The degree to which the auto-generated response correctly addresses your issue is ludicrous. This response is delayed for days, so it’s not even a case of a quick wrong response. If you send a new email trying to explain that the puzzling response did not answer your question, the process will begin again from scratch, unless you reply to the sent email.

In that case, another delay of days will occur, and the response to your response to the first response will continue to be off-base and bizarre. Your reply to that response, trying again to explain the issue and expressing your bewilderment at the responses given, will languish in unanswered eBay EmailLand before again being answered, but it is possible that after some further delay of days, you may actually get a human response. 

By this time, however, you will probably have torn out your hair, screamed yourself hoarse, and given up.

This may well be the desired outcome of the eBay email bot… or it may simply be the way in which virtual responses are programmed. The delay issue is one aspect that would be hard to justify in terms of giving the customer satisfaction, hence I incline to the notion that eBay customers are nudged towards ditching eBay email enquiries (requiring paying actual people reading emails and engaging in email correspondence and sorting out issues) and going to Live Chat instead.

I call this Delayed Response Attenuated Bot Email Disengagement – or DRAB ED.

In other words, you’re going to have to use Live Chat. Be patient, have all of your evidence/information ready as PDFs or screenshots, explain that you’re willing to email them as attachments or upload them as needed to an email address/URL “as we speak”, ask perhaps to speak to a supervisor, stay very polite, set out each aspect of the situation in point form… and hopefully you will get the desired outcome.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Relisting unsold items

This is all so true.

I have now used live chat twice and on both occasions i have been told the issue has been escalated but two weeks on I am still waiting for a result or contact from eBay.

They have however had the time to email me twice and ring me to get me to sign up to their new fulfilment centre even though I politely declined the first email based on the fact that this is not suitable for my business (which they would have know if they had looked at what I sell).

wonder what my $1000’s in eBay fees are paying for - definitely not customer service!

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Relisting unsold items

If most of your items only get one bid, consider having them as BIN.

That will alleviate your problem of needing to relist at all.

And if some still appear in unsold, you will know it's an error.

As well, members have found more sales with BIN.

Buyers often don't want to wait until an auction finishes.

And it eliminates all non payers if your listings have IPR.

image host
Message 4 of 4
Latest reply