Removal of NEG

This morning we got a big red dot which we believe is unfair.

A buyer bought an item (5x pairs of hair clips) where the listing clearly states no choice of colours and/or styles due to the many variations. You will receive 5x pairs in random colours & styles. The listing pics show a large number of the possible items but not all. There would be too many pics to put up there.

Then they left us a NEG because they are not happy with the combination of styles and colours they received.

Sometimes we get a question from a buyer asking if we could make sure there is at least one pair of teddy bears or butterflies etc etc. With which we will always comply when asked.

Could this be grounds for removal of the NEG by ebay if we ask?

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Removal of NEG

Oh and I should have added that looking at the FB history of this buyer left for others. They have left 4x NEGs in the past few months for other sellers. And going by the replies from the other sellers equally unfairly.

And this is our first NEG in over 1300 score. Not happy!
Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

dn1940
Community Member

I think you have described the items thouroughly and the customer has no legal right to say they were not happy. Ebay should be informed and asked to remove the negative comments. (THIS IS MY PERSONAL VIEW)

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Feedback is an opinion, every person has a legal right to express their honest opinion. (as long as it complies with eBay's poilicies)

The customer has said they are disappointed in the selection. That's their opinion, that's how they felt. Without seeing the actual feedback (different store?) From the information given here, I cannot see hiow the feedback could be removed.

Your listing may have said "random selection" and undoubtedly you sent a "random selection" taking into consideration any special requests of course. The customer has simply stated that they were unhappy with your selection.

Did you deserve a neg? I doubt it, but that's how they feel and they clearly have no real understanding of how to trade on eBay.

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Yeah Crikey. It's on our other store under a different ID.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Crikey is right, being disappointed is their opinion, someone else may have been delighted with the same random selection. And I agree it doesnt warrant a neg if random selection is what is listed and received.

Do you think it is worthwhile to ask the buyer how they were disappointed? And offer to exchange? Or just send a couple of ones they ask for?

Then if they get in a better mood, they might be open to a feedback revision request if satisfied in the end. Just a thought...maybe someone can say if that is a good idea or not.

I'm suggesting it as I guess if I was in that situation, if they had said something up front, I would offer an exchange.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

I do not mean in exchange for feedback revision, but to try to make them happy...and then if they are happy, hopefully they feel differently about the transaction 🙂 if you see what I mean. Nothing that could be construed badly by the buyer or eBay.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

I have contacted the buyer about it asking what was really the problem.

Her NEG FB comment said "bad combination. I received all pink ones"

But we know that we don't pack all 5x pairs the same colour or style. They are random just like in the description. In fact they are pre-packaged this way.

If only she would have asked about certain styles or colours we would try to comply. But then again the listing does state clearly no choice of colour or style. So I guess that may be why she did not ask, in her defence perhaps.

I haven't offered anything just yet, but what you suggest is good tho.

I haven't heard anything back yet but this has just all occurred today.

And since the FB has already been left by the buyer then one could hardly construe any such offers as FB bargaining I would think. Simply as trying to keep a customer happy.

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

I hope it works out for you.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply