Reporting harassment from someone who hasn't bought an item?

I have been getting harassing emails for over TWO months now from a user who believes I am charging too much for an item, and when I refused to lower the price for his promise to 'maybe' buy the item cheaper, he seems to have taken it personally and is now emailing me every weekend to point out that the item is still listed for sale. 

Now, the item may actually be overpriced, I acknowledge that. I'm reconsidering the pricing of all my menswear at the moment, but that is besides the point at this stage, and I have no intention of lowering the price on principle. It makes no difference to me if this particular item never sells. 

My problem is trying to find a way to report the harassment. The buyer is already blocked of course, he can't buy it even if he tries. And i know I could block the emails so I just don't see them, but I don't so much care about that, it's the principle, his harassment, that bothers me more than actually seeing the words or not. I want to report him to ebay for harassment but there appears to no longer be any way to do so. 

I kinda want to lower the price from $18 to $17.95 just to annoy him lol, but I wont, incase he decides to make another account and trash my feedback or something stupid like that. I may end up having a friend 'buy' it though and writing it off.

Is there anything I can do to get back at this guy for his bullying, or does ebay just not care about policing that?

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

as hard as it might be to do - i'd just ignore it. he seems like he's just a total knob. 

you're perfectly entitled to sell whatever you want for whatever price you want - we all know that. 

he obviously wants the item, but doesn't know the right way to go about it. at least he's not being abusive - he's just being totally ridiculous. 

i'd just let him go - eventually he'll get bored of it if you don't respond and he notices the price isn't dropping :] you've done everything you can protect yourself. 

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

Should send a message - 

"Actually I have 26 of these and have sold 18 in the last month on other sites".  Smiley Wink

A total disrespectful tool, don't think twice about people like that.

Add the member to your BBL and tick the box to block comms.

image host
Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

I can't even begin to imagine the dedication to a single shirt that it takes to stalk it for a couple of months, but not quite be dedicated enough to pay the asking price... Smiley Surprised

Well, I guess I kinda can, I stalked a trenchcoat recently (that was already on sale, but still way more than I'd usually spend on a single article of clothing), debating with myself over whether to buy it, looking at it every couple of days hemming and hawing about it etc. I never once contacted the seller though (and yes, I did eventually buy it Smiley LOL )

Re: whether the shirt is over priced, I don't know much about Lowes, but in looking at their own site, prices on non-sale shirts range from $15.95 to $69.95. I know when it comes to SH clothing, original RRP and market value of the item on eBay are two very different things, but just to my mind if it's a $40+ shirt that is in as new condition, $18 isn't unreasonable, it's just a matter of whether it's acheivable. I'd personally de-list the item, wait a few months, then re-list. I did that last year on some items a buyer was hassling me over, and didn't hear a peep from them when I relisted after 3 months. (Other sellers have experienced similar things, and their stalkers do re-emerge, so if they are willing to pipe back up after a decent amount of time, I'd cut my losses and donate the shirt instead). 

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

maybe think of lowering the price while raising the postage by the amount you reduce the price . . . . . just to mess with him. Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

I may end up having a friend 'buy' it though and writing it off.

That is a moderately ridiculous idea. You would be paying eBay for the privilege. If that's your mindset, just end it. You can always relist it at a later date.

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

i agree, just end the listing for a month or so, see if he stops sending messages.

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

I get a harassment and threats yesterday night also. And she reported my LV bag as she wanted my new LV AUTHENTIC BAG, THEN I end my listing as I knew she really wants my bag ,and she abuse me and call me bad words.. so sad why people doing this to me.
Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

ilce
Community Member

I would increase the price of the item by $10.

Trust me they will stop messaging you. Then in 1-4 weeks put it back to what you want.

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

@ilce wrote:

I would increase the price of the item by $10.

Trust me they will stop messaging you. Then in 1-4 weeks put it back to what you want.

That would be a bit hard to do since eBay have removed the listing. (if you are responding to aifaul_23)

If you are responding to the OP, I'm sure it's been sorted after 3 YEARS.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 10 of 13
Latest reply