!!!!!!!!!!Request a refund from eBay as a seller!!!!!

I have sold an item online the week before last, sent and provided tracking on ebay last Wednesday. I followed all procedures and wrote the correct address.

However, the buyer told me that she has not received the item even though the status of tracking is delivered. Later, she requested a refund and I did so. I would like EBAY to reimburse my refund but find the website not helpful at all! AND NOW I AM LEFT WITH NO ITEM AND NEGATIVE BALANCE FOR WHAT I HAVE SOLD AS I PAID FOR THE POSTAGE AS WELL!!! THIS IS REALLY DISAPPOINTING!!!

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Sorry but this financial loss is your responsibility.

Once tracking says delivered, that is your part of the transaction finished.

Many buyers have items stolen from their front yard as they do not provide a safe place for parcels - that is on the buyer, not you.

Some buyers take a chance at getting their money back by saying it was not delivered and relying on a sellers gullibility.

I'm not sure I understand why you would refund if the tracking says delivered - tracking is there for YOUR protection, not the buyers!

Ebay cannot reimburse you for a choice you made just because a buyer requested their money back and you decided to refund them.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

You won't get anything from eBay now.  You should not have refunded the buyer.  If they opened a Not Received dispute, eBay would have found in your favour as tracking shows delivered. 

you could try contacting Australia Post (via Private message on Messenger, you'll get a quick response) and see if they can shed some light on this.  The postie will sometimes take photos when they leave parcels as evidence of delivery, this was more common during the Covid restrictions.  Advise them that the addressee claims they did not receive the item.  They"may" compensate you up to $100, particularly If the item may have been delivered to the wrong address, which does happen.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Why did you refund them? Why didn't you just message them with a screenshot to show them the tracking status showed it had been delivered?

Of course the website is not helpful. You refunded when you didn't have to. From what I can gather, the customer had not even opened a case against you. Sometimes when customers do open claims, ebay reunds them when they really shouldn't (in my opinion) but till then, don't just roll over and die if you don't have to.

In this case, the buyer probably would not have opened a claim or if they had, you may well have won. Ebay is hardly likely to refund you for going off on your own tangent and refunding when you didn't need to.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply