Requie some help with a buyer

Hi, Just after a opinion on a message i received from a buyer who claims I sold her some dresses fit for a rag bag, and I know they were fine first message I recieved was:

"Hi,I received the dresses today.Disappointing 2 of the dresses are worn out.The black and white one is alright but the blue one has threads coming away and well well worn the green one is thread bare and stitching coming away.Only fit for the rag bag.Would you consider a partial refund?I wont leave neg feedback for you as I'm sure it was just an oversight.If you want them returned for full refund please add the return postage."

For starters is this feedback extortion? I am not sure. So I asked her to send me a photo of the damage to the dresses that I apparently missed so then I could resolve the situation, mind you this buyer is a seller also, so I thought photo's would not be a problem. After 2 days today I get this message from the buyer:

"Hi,I have tried to take some photo's for you but to no avail,I can show the wear and tare on them.I picked the threads out of the blue dress and restitched the joins back.Would you refund just the 2 dresses(Say $10) and I'll cop the postage,if not do you want me to post them back to you?"

Total sale for the dresses was $15 plus postage, I had pretty clear pictures of the dresses with no damage. Just wondering what or where I should go from here as I am feeling like this is a bit of a con for a refund, I do like being reasonalbe but hmmmm.

Cheers

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: Requie some help with a buyer

She doesn't get to keep the dresses AND get a refund. What cheek!

Message 11 of 20
Latest reply

And it's ok to give rags to the salvo's!!

Message 12 of 20
Latest reply

Wow! be very careful sellers, my case will never be resolved and watch out for scammers and cons, l knew those dresses were very good in condition, but I expect a negative now, grr.  Message after I insisted she send them back so I can fully refund her:

"Hi Julie,Thankyou I understand,unfortunately they have been picked up earlier today.Regards"

Message 13 of 20
Latest reply

So really, you don't know what she has done with them?

Kept them? Donated them?

Pretty rude of her considering the issue is unresolved and your gratefull offer of full refund on return not taken.

I smell a rat for sure.

I received a neg once because they wanted a refund and to keep the item too...

Message 14 of 20
Latest reply

You have no case to answer.

She wrote:

If you refund any,I'll donate the funds to the Salvo's also"

Note the word if.

I would not refund a cent. I would not even reply.

If she gives you a neg, ring ebay and ask them to have a look at all the messages, say you offered a full refund on return but she refused and said she gave the frocks away.

Charity is all well and good but I don't see why she should decide to donate your stuff. Not if she expects any refund as well. That's not her call.

I think she knows very well she would not win an ebay dispute now. if she tries neg FB that ebay won't remove, reply. Say something like full refund offered, buyer refused to return items or show photo of any damage.

By the way, I doubt the salvos 'collect' a couple of dresses. Large furniture maybe, not a small item of clothing.

Message 15 of 20
Latest reply

ooak3
Community Member

i had one not to long ago that tried the same thing

it was a hand knitted alpaca jumper in perfect condition and listed that pick up was ok

buyer had it posted then

tried to say it had 9 holes in the back (she thought all the pictures were of the front)

as if i would try to sell a item with holes in it that would have been seen at pick up !!

and a hole in a hand knitted item would have caused the whole thing to come undone

i asked her to send it back and i would refund but no she wanted to keep it and be refunded 

Message 16 of 20
Latest reply

What's her feedback left for others like? Is there any indication that she has a habit of this? What sort of items does she sell? Regardless, I'd keep an eye on her listings and see if they appear down the track.

It looks to me like she was digging herself into an even bigger hole. First she's saying there's all this damage and wants a partial refund, then can't provide any photos when requested, then when asked to return them for a refund, suddenly she doesn't have them any more. I call scammer. She was finding any excuse possible for you not to see the garments.

I also agree with the other comment that the Salvo's wouldn't come around to pick up a few clothes. Most of the time they won't even come to collect furniture these days.

Message 17 of 20
Latest reply

Whatever is or isn't true from the buyer, the points I see are:

Buyer after some thought said she would "cop" return postage

Seller offered a refund upon return

Buyer says she now cannot return

I would not send her a refund now. Your terms were clear. Refund upon return.

As said above, keep all messages and show eBay if any neg.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 18 of 20
Latest reply

Buyer after some thought said she would "cop" return postage

I agree with what you wrote, except I don't  think the buyer was agreeing she would cop return postage. I think what she was so graciously saying was she would not insist on a refund of the original postage. She would be happy just to be refunded the full cost of 2 of the dresses. Without returning them or providing evidence of the damage.

Message 19 of 20
Latest reply

Yes, true. At the end though she is baulking at the 8$ it would cost to send back (the implication being she was going to pay it). Definitely one to block.

It is a shame that her grandaughters saw the dresses and liked them...imagine taking them away after that!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 20 of 20
Latest reply