Responding to Negative feedback.

I've been trying to respond to negative feedback received, I've found the place to do it from, and see my big red dot  and I click reply and write my reply, then click again to leave reply and then I get this 

Sorry, you have no feedback.You cannot respond to feedback you don't have.  

Do I have to wait a certain time before replying?

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

have you tried here:

Home > Community > Feedback Forum > Reply to Feedback Received
Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

I have no idea but I have heard of this happening to other sellers.

To be honest I probably wouldn't reply to it, it will, with a bit of luck be lost in a sea of green and it having a reply will just draw attention to it. Unless you have a tracking number you can give in the reply to 'prove' delivery anything else you write is quite possibly going to be taken as you making excuses. Least said, soonest mended as the saying goes.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

Thanks for the response Phorum, I'm just annoyed by it because the negative was the first I knew about it and I would have replaced if I had known, have messaged the buyer and told them that and she says that  my customer service is shocking and that I deserved it. I'm slightly gobsmacked at that response. 

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

I can't see what HER feedback is like, is she a serial neg leaver? 

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

Has left a neg before over a year ago for non receipt, not a lot of feedback there to read, seems like a very picky person

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

...and if you do leave a followup comment to the feedback received this is the reason why you should always put the userID in as a part of the comment you make because the name is scrambled by ebay to the rest of us.

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

Hi twyngwyn (michelle)

yes tried it from there and still no good

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

I went to help & contact and emailed  i was having problems in replying to feed back and they fixed it within a few hours. Didnt ring just emailed the contact us and it was fixed

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

@bargainbooks4u2 wrote:

Thanks for the response Phorum, I'm just annoyed by it because the negative was the first I knew about it and I would have replaced if I had known, have messaged the buyer and told them that and she says that  my customer service is shocking and that I deserved it. I'm slightly gobsmacked at that response. 

Just remember, if you do leave a followup the buyer can reply to that and have the last word.  If she is as vindictive as she seems that may do more harm than the original negative.

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply