Returned item due to unknown address

Sold an item on the 24th of december,  Posted is as soon as the PO was open after xmas.  The item was returned to me on the 7th of January by Australia Post, as it was an unknown address.  I sent an email to the purchaser on the same day.

Currently a month later I have had no response from the purchaser,  how long should I hang onto the item, before I give up,  its only worth $40.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Returned item due to unknown address

You've made an effort.  Just leave it, not worth your time worrying about it anymore.  If the buyer kicks up a stink then you'll cop a negative, etc.  Just take photos of the parcel with the "unknown" comment and store it away.  Get in touch with eBay if the buyer causes a problem, I am confident ebay will remove any negatives when you show them the evidence of your efforts to resolve the matter.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

I had a RTS in December 2013. Paid by BD. I'm still waiting for the buyer to contact me for a refund.

I can't resend as I sold it about 18 months ago.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Request the buyers phone number.  It may still be current.

Request a member's contact information

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/buy/contact-member.html#requesting

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

If the buyer remains unreachable I'd also refund their money minus fees, since I had the item back.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Ah, the buyer moved and didn't upgrade their ebay details.  I had one last year.   After a month came the "were is my item?"  the next day my warehouse guy says Couriers Please have returned it.  CP made two attempts to deliver.  So the games begin!   It was my fault,  it was CP's fault, I should pay the freight to return it, Ok I'll buy a bigger unit off you if you give me a refund on this one, etc, etc.

The item is still sitting in the dispatch area waiting for him to pay the freight.  No I didn't offer to pay the freight and I don't see why I should refund the money including the freight but I did offer to refund the cost of the item.

It's fun being an ebay seller! Smiley Indifferent

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply