Returned item was lost.What happens?

gmas4539
Community Member

Hi, I am unable to get help from eBay. I have gone round and round like a rat in a maze.I am going to stop selling on eBay.Fees are high, sneaky fees are added and buyers want stuff for nothing and are becoming rude.Anyway back to my problem.I sold an item.Perfect condition but buyer wanted to return.She said damaged. I should have said no-too kind. The returned item never arrived.It couldn’t be tracked (australia post had no record.I paid $15.50. I have no item.) EBay has not responded to my message complaint. I cannot contact them.Would the money be held by eBay or would the buyer have it.What do I do next. It is really annoying me.I think I’ve been scammed but cannot do anything about it.Buyer is now ignoring my messages.

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Did the buyer actually open a case? There is a procedure to be followed in the event that a buyer wants to return an item. Let's face it, the buyer never returned the item, that's why there is no tracking. If there was a dispute/case, you would have had to supply a shipping label which would have had the tracking number on it.

You're an infrequent seller, so you would have needed to sign up and be verified for the new Managed Payments system which includes a 20-30 day hold on funds. You should be looking in your seller hub under the "Payments" tab. This will give you all the information about your payouts, your fees (now taken upfront) etc.

However, if you have not signed up, your funds will be on hold indefinitely until you do so.

Unless you somehow decided to refund them without them opening a case or getting the item back? 

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

Just re-reading your post again as it comes across a but jumbled. When you say you paid $15.50, did you send them a shipping label, or how did you do it? I didn't think a label could just be issued unless there was a case. Could you please clarify.

Just to add, you're the one in control of your shop. You don't have to put up with demanding/rude buyers - that's what the Blocked Buyer list is for, and many of us on the forums add to it on a regular basis. There are no sneaky fees - it's been about 13.4% for years now. Most of us factor all fees into our pricing/postage costs.

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

Yes I sent a postage label. Buyer said she posted but it was never tracked by Australia Post. I contacted them but they have never been able to find it. I messaged eBay and they haven’t replied.I will try to ring next week. Thanks for your interest

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

I will look into those details,thanks. The buyer complained that item was damaged. I agreed to a return and purchased a postage label. She said it was dropped in a street postage box but it never registered anywhere with Australia Post. They have now deemed it lost. Buyer is no longer replying to my messages. I messaged eBay ( really not sure if it was to the correct department because it’s difficult) but they haven’t replied yet.

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

@gmas4539 wrote:

Yes I sent a postage label. Buyer said she posted but it was never tracked by Australia Post. I contacted them but they have never been able to find it. I messaged eBay and they haven’t replied.I will try to ring next week. Thanks for your interest

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is no call centre at the moment, and emails are not answered (usually you get an automatic reply confirming emails are not in use).

The only way to contact them is via live chat from the help page. You will also get a transcript at the end of the chat, which can be useful sometimes. Live chat works during normal business hours, including the weekend, although on the weekend it might be more difficult to be transferred to a supervisor (if necessary).

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

A refund buyer case was opened but I cannot see money on hold. It’s not that much money but I’d just like to know.

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

Thanks.I will try next week. 

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

I must have signed up as I am receiving payments to my bank account. There is no money on hold in payment list. I asked buyer if she received money and she didn’t reply. 

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

Thanks again. I cannot see live chat anywhere. Can I do it on my phone or do I need desktop?

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply