Returning an item as part of combined

Dear sellers, I have a problem hope you can help me, a cutomer recently asked me to do a deal for buying 2 items from me, I agreed to give her a $20.00 discount if she purchased both item, she paid for both items without waiting for a combined invoice ( one item was $29.95 plus $9.00 postage ( this was the item I did partial refund of $20.00 through papal/ 2nd item was $49.95 free postage and this is the one she wants refund on ) , so I refunded her $20.00 through paypal on one of the items, now she wants to return one of the items says its too big and yes I had provided detail measurements of the item in the description, I wrote to her that the deal was for both items being purchased and so she will receive a part refund of what she paid in total for both items which will be $30.00 upon the return of the item, have not heard from her as yet, I contacted ebay and was told I must wait for a response before I confirm the return, anyone had similar issues and what was the outcome, thank you in advance.

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

eBay will be able to read the messages (if they were conducted via eBay) if they need to verify the circumstances of the purchase, so at this stage I'd follow eBay's advice and wait for the buyer's response - though, officially I'd be worried eBay will just see the purchase price as the purchase price, dismissing any of the attached conditions. 

It's tricky because while you do have the option of offering a partial refund via the returns request, you can't accept the return and then do a partial refund via eBay (the partial refund option on eBay allows them to keep the item if they haven't already returned it). Some people have said they've been able to do a partial refund via PayPal while a request is open, but I don't seem to be able to (if you can, that would provide the option to receive the item back, then go into PayPal to issue the partial refund rather than process it through the eBay request). 

I know this won't help now, but to prevent this from ever happening again, I'd create custom listings for special deals, as you never know if they might have planned to do something like this from the start (not saying it's likely your buyer did, just that some people would). 

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Thanks, it is tricky, I looked at their feedback left,and out of the first 25 there was a number of negative left for sellers who sell clothing with comments like 'wrong sizing' I'm worried now
Message 3 of 3
Latest reply