Returns

I advertised 2 nail guns on ebay -  both were tested and working before listing.  Listing was clearly " RETURNS NOT ACCEPTED"

Purchaser now states the items are not working and wants a refund of both purchase price and postage.  I must say I find it extrodinary 2 usually very reliable items that were tested and functioning well have both stopped working with the same problem 

I'd appreciate any feedback people care to provide.

Thanks

Mambo

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Returns

@mamboman000 wrote:

I advertised 2 nail guns on ebay -  both were tested and working before listing.  Listing was clearly " RETURNS NOT ACCEPTED"

Purchaser now states the items are not working and wants a refund of both purchase price and postage.  I must say I find it extrodinary 2 usually very reliable items that were tested and functioning well have both stopped working with the same problem 

I'd appreciate any feedback people care to provide.

Thanks

Mambo

Not on eBay, and not if the items are not as described, which the buyer is claiming.

Do not let the case get escalated as eBay will find in favour of the seller and they will get a full refund AND get to keep the item.

All you can really do is pay for the return and refund the total purchase price, including postage.

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Returns

Not on eBay, and not if the items are not as described, which the buyer is claiming

Do not let the case get escalated as eBay will find in favour of the buyer and they will get a full refund AND get to keep the item.

All you can really do is pay for the return and refund the total purchase price, including postage.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Returns

I think dave's had a few too many hey lol

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Returns

ebay gives buyers a money back guarantee on second hand goods, its open to abuse. you might find the buyer used the guns to do a job now will get his money back. how long has he had them?

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Returns

Are these gas guns?  maybe buyer is using dud gas cells. maybe they have just been jammed. They can be tempremental at times if you are not familiar with them. I swear at mine a lot and am convinced its busted, then it works again.

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Returns

Tell the buyer to connect the guns before using them that might help lol.

Seriously like someone mentioned the buyer probably used them on a job and now have no use for them anymore.

Ebay look after the buyers so yes I'm afraid you will have to refund.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Returns

Listing was clearly " RETURNS NOT ACCEPTED"

Your refund policy only applies to change of mind returns, you have to refund if an item is ruled to be not as described.

If you think they may still work and were not damaged during the delivery process and you could resell them for enough to cover the cost of return postage then send them a click and send label to use to return themj. If it would not be worth the cost of getting them back just issue the refund as it would be almost impossible for you to prove they were working.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 8 of 8
Latest reply