Revolting adverts showing at the top of eBay pages

Hello,

For months I have been tolerating a disgusting, graphic paid advert displayed at the top of eBay pages when I am running my ebay store. It was a close up of someone's ear with earwax being pulled out of it. Today it seems to have been replaced with a new one which is even more disgusting, showing the green contents from someone's throat!!! It literally makes me feel sick. I am attaching a photo of it.

Both ads are entirely irrelevant, I don't have ear or throat problems so they are obviously not linked to my search history (which is not trackable anyway).

As a long time seller on eBay and the fact that eBay make good money from me, I do not see why I should have to put up with any ads, let alone offensive ads like. You surely have some control over what ads are shown to your sellers!? Any ads are annoying when you're paying a company fees, but these are offensive and unacceptable. 

I look forward to hearing from you as a matter of urgency to fix this, I have been patient and tolerant with the revolting ear ad but this being even worse, enough is enough.

Message 1 of 29
Latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

How are people here responisble? 

No, fellow buyers and sellers do not have any control over what you see

Take it up with eBay, or better yet, install an ad blocker

You will be waiting a very long time to hear from eBay, as nobody from eBay reads here

Message 2 of 29
Latest reply

Where did I say or imply that my fellow buyers/sellers have any control? I would have thought it was obvious that my annoyed message is directed at eBay.

I posted in the area headed:

Technical Issues. When you experience a technical issue on eBay, we want to know. The eBay team will reguarly check this board for reported issues.

If I've misunderstood how this discussion board works, I apologise, I didn't mean to offend you. I thought I was leaving a message for eBay's technical team.

Message 3 of 29
Latest reply

The only people who respond here are fellow buyers and sellers (other members)

Whilst this is a public forum that anyone can read, nobody from eBay read here

So when a person posts and says 'you'  the only people they are addressing are the people reading

Which is not eBay

Whist eBay staff do post topics about how wonderful the site is, and how they do great things for all sellers, in truth, the only people who give advice/try to help/exlain why errors happen etc are other buyers and sellers, eBay staff.their tech staff do not read any posts made by the members they claim to care so much about 

What eBay say and what they do are very different things , and the day their tech staff read here, I think the moon will turn inside out and all shades of blue

Message 4 of 29
Latest reply

Thanks for clarifying.

It's also getting increasingly difficult to contact them. They are getting harder to reach and less interested in the people who make them money. Beyond frustrating. 

Message 5 of 29
Latest reply

A lot of people here have installed an ad blocker so they don't see adverts (or a lot less adverts at least)

Mostly because the ads slow down the site for many people

I personally don't like any spam ,so I downloaded the free version of Ad Block plus for Chrome, ages ago now

I am pretty sure most browsers have one, and I am pretty sure most would allow the user to block or allow ads from whichever website

Message 6 of 29
Latest reply

Thanks very much, I didn't know you could block ads so that's really helpful, really appreciate it!

Message 7 of 29
Latest reply

You're welcome Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 29
Latest reply

Firefox has Adblock Plus built into it and it just needs to be activated, the same adblocker can be downloaded for any browser.

https://adblockplus.org/

Edit. I use it on Firefox, but for a couple of reasons I don't use it on Chrome.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 9 of 29
Latest reply

cezm
Community Member

That ad is all over Facebook too, so I'm not sure ebay could/would do anything

Usually there is a small x in the top right hand corner. Click and chose the relevant option

Message 10 of 29
Latest reply