SALES AND VIEWS!

WHAT AN EARTH IS GOING ON?

Have I missed something? Anyone else having the same issue?

My listings are getting very few views, most none - used to get 10 to 20 plus.

Sales are down dramatically - basically none!

Is this because of the sponsored **bleep** eBay are trying to get you to do?

I refuse to, they already take more than enough money.

Is it time to move on to another platform? Recommendations?

I'm not a business, just a part timer making some money(none as of late)!

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

SALES AND VIEWS!

I am not trying to be a smarty here but think about it.  You are in a specialized field and only have 12 listings at present.

Christmas is less than 2 weeks away and people have to think about kids, food and general household expenses.

People really only have so much money to spend on their whims.

Message 2 of 16
Latest reply

SALES AND VIEWS!

Oh yeah nah, all good. I see how it comes across with the current state of my listings.

I usually have a heap more and many different items/categories. I've been putting up with it for the last 4ish months and got that sick of it I deleted all listings and have only re-listed a few things to see if any change.

I do get where you're coming from though being time of year and I guess cost of living going up quite dramatically and wages not matching that inflation. I guess I'll have to just be patient and hope work give me more hours to earn a living. Yay the Australian economy!

Message 3 of 16
Latest reply

SALES AND VIEWS!

Everyone is doing it tough, not just Australians.

Plenty countries are also struggling with the cost of living, higher mortgage interest rates, etc. I'm reading a lot how many people in Britain can't afford to put on the heat on the coldest nights of winter.

We are fortunate here as there are many jobs going and there are more people in employment than ever. 

If you really want more hours, look at joining the Australian Army Reserves. They're always looking for people, and certain job categories are priority employment. Daily pay is tax free and you even get paid during basic training (35 days - approx $4000). 

Message 4 of 16
Latest reply

SALES AND VIEWS!

you arent alone. my sales are way down, my views are way down, the expected xmas rush where for many years i sold certain items in plentiful amounts have not happened. i even discounted them to previously unheard of prices. 20% less than last year, nearly 40% less than what people bought in large numbers 5 years ago and yet, nothing. i know times are tougher than last year, but im basing my remarks on 20 years with ebay as of january. there are things i sell and have sold regularly for decades at xmas time, now nothing. as a side note, when i advertise those same items elsewhere, i get far better prices than i get via ebay, but requires more input to realize those sales. i have thought long and hard whether its worth persevering with ebay, the answer for me was let it go thru to xmas and re-evaluate. the answer now is pretty clear sadly.

will i continue past january, especially now i got a msg from ebay today that ebay wants to hold 10% of my payments as a reserve fund? probably not. there are other online options that produce results and get views and sales which i dont have to pay 12-15% of my sale or as of january, have them hold reserve funds on a rolling 60 day cycle.

i think ebay is struggling as a sales platform these days, i speak to many other sellers who say exactly as you. things are poor in ebay world currently and once they start chasing more sellers away, then what?

Message 5 of 16
Latest reply

SALES AND VIEWS!

It seems pretty slow, the odd sale, but only 650 views for 450 items that are promoted haha

Message 6 of 16
Latest reply

SALES AND VIEWS!

@pubstuff wrote:

you arent alone. my sales are way down, my views are way down, the expected xmas rush where for many years i sold certain items in plentiful amounts have not happened. i even discounted them to previously unheard of prices. 20% less than last year, nearly 40% less than what people bought in large numbers 5 years ago and yet, nothing. i know times are tougher than last year, but im basing my remarks on 20 years with ebay as of january. there are things i sell and have sold regularly for decades at xmas time, now nothing. as a side note, when i advertise those same items elsewhere, i get far better prices than i get via ebay, but requires more input to realize those sales. i have thought long and hard whether its worth persevering with ebay, the answer for me was let it go thru to xmas and re-evaluate. the answer now is pretty clear sadly.

will i continue past january, especially now i got a msg from ebay today that ebay wants to hold 10% of my payments as a reserve fund? probably not. there are other online options that produce results and get views and sales which i dont have to pay 12-15% of my sale or as of january, have them hold reserve funds on a rolling 60 day cycle.

i think ebay is struggling as a sales platform these days, i speak to many other sellers who say exactly as you. things are poor in ebay world currently and once they start chasing more sellers away, then what?

If sales are so good elsewhere, why are you still here? I'm just glad my husband had days off this week to help me with postage, because sales have gone through the roof. Probably the best December ever. If I was on my own, I'd be struggling due to my work hours. 

Message 7 of 16
Latest reply

SALES AND VIEWS!

I thought it was just me not getting viewings let alone sale.  What is going on?

Message 8 of 16
Latest reply

SALES AND VIEWS!

Why are you repeating a complaint from 4 days ago?

Do you think complaining on the boards that eBay don't read will suddenly get more views?

Why are you and the OP obsessed with views? I neither know nor care how many views my items get. My metric for success is sales.

More views without sales would tend to indicate the viewers aren't serious, or are price comparing and finding you lacking.

Message 9 of 16
Latest reply

SALES AND VIEWS!

what do you mean 4 days ago?  Im  just asking a simple question

Message 10 of 16
Latest reply