SELLERS - Heads Up Categories Stuffed Up Temporary

Hi Guys,

Spending time over in US and boards are alight with problems in various categories, info listings missing - this is hopefully a temporary hassle while eBay are attempting to streamline:

This advice from eburtonlab (US)

Do not erase or modify your saved listings just yet. I suspect it will take a few days to determine which problems are caused by the new categories, and which problems are just temporary glitches while the new categories are being implemented.

At some point all the old listings should be available again, and if you modify all your listings right now, your modifications may wind up being unnecessary or obsolete when the dust finally settles in a few days.

Message 1 of 98
Latest reply
97 REPLIES 97

Re: SELLERS - Heads Up Categories Stuffed Up Temporary

@davewil1964 wrote:

Therein lies the rub. The emailer obviously isn't across the changes, thus any 'information' they supply is dubious.

I don't know what you mean.     The email "ebay for Business" 17 May was to all sellers I thought, and the information is merely a link to the Seller Centre, about the specifics:

https://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/item-specifics/

> view categories with required item specifics

Are you saying that the information in the Seller Centre is dubious?

Message 81 of 98
Latest reply

You can't do flat postage for everything and particularly overseas

Message 83 of 98
Latest reply

Does eBay ever realise the time all this sort of changing takes?  Particularly if you're not a business. All manual.

Message 84 of 98
Latest reply

You can't do flat postage for everything and particularly overseas

You can for anything domestic under 5kg using AP.

I'm not mug enough to sell overseas.

Message 85 of 98
Latest reply

This situation hasn't improved. I'm getting messages telling me that 'Item specifics required soon- title', and when I go in to fix it the title is already there, as large as life!  What a pain in the neck.

Message 86 of 98
Latest reply

In books:  Because the new requirement specific is "book title"   whereas before it just said "title" -  so if you filled in "title" previously that is no longer any good.       Sorry.

Message 87 of 98
Latest reply

Oh dear. Thanks, curra. How ridiculous is that?🤣🤣

Message 88 of 98
Latest reply

From the US boards:

It seems a lot of people are confused about this. Most items have a very few Item Specifics that are REQUIRED. They are the ONLY ones you MUST fill out by the deadline.

Those millions of RECOMMENDED Item Specifics----you can safely ignore them. You can always come back to the listing and fill out those that apply (if any). 

BUT  as far as the deadline goes-----you ONLY need to fill out the REQUIRED SOON Item Specifics. 

Message 90 of 98
Latest reply