Sales Reports Plus (stores)

saarzi
Community Member

I have just had a look at my sales reports for the first time ever. I keep my own record in excel, so Ive never bothered (too bad if theyve overcharged me eh?).

Anyway, Its wayyy off what I have, which I expected because I do it differently (simpler). Im thinking the difference is because in their "Total sales", they dont include postage. Is that right?

Also, in their fees report, they dont include postage (it says only ebay and paypal fees).  

So where is the total postage recorded, if at all?

Also, I know Ebay reports sellers to the ATO at end of financial year for whatever amount of revenue is dictated to them by the ATO. Is the figure reported their "Total sales" as above, the one that doesnt include postage? or is it total revenue (which would include postage) that they report?  if so, is this number including postage accessible in sales reports somewhere?

It makes sense to me that the ATO would require total sales, money coming in, which includes postage, and then a cost / profit breakdown, so Im not sure why it isnt easier to see (then again I could be totally wrong).

Lastly, is it possible to get a full financial year to date report anywhere?  or do I really have to go back and add up the months? -_-

Message 1 of 2
Latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Sales Reports Plus (stores)

At the end of each calendar month (usually around day 1-3 of the following month so that all items from the previous month are recorded as posted) I take a Paid and Posted report and download that and keep it in Excel. This shows the total sales income (inc postage)  for the month. This total figure I plug into an Excel sheet each month.

In a separate tab on a Excel sheet I keep a track of all postage expenses (and others) incurred.

Among all my other various business expenses (stock cost inclusive) it is pretty simple to deduce a profit/loss summary.

It's this summary info that I present each tax year to my accountant.

At the end of each financial year we also do a stock count and value that at cost to us.

All this info my accountant can work with to produce our tax returns to the ATO each year.

We are not big enough yet to register for GST so that complication is not in the equation yet.

Message 2 of 2
Latest reply