Sales crazy today

saarzi
Community Member
So today Ive sold more in one day than I have in the whole month so far.

Normally Id be happy about that.. and Im not unhappy.. but to be honest, I just wish Ebay was stable even *most* of the time so I could project and plan like any normal business. And if they are going to throttle, at least do it fairly across the board.

Sad when things are so bad with a company that even good moments cant be enjoyed properly.
Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Sales crazy today

I would enjoy a month's sales in a day.

But that's just me.

Sad is that you find a negative even in success.

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

saarzi
Community Member
Goodness davewil you always seem to comment on what you like and what you do, and make assumptions that are regularly completely off target in the process. Well at least in my posts.

I have not made a months sales in one day. I will probably not make any more this month than any other month. Try reading it again.
Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

The month is nearly over so unless you have another couple of exceptional days your statement certainly implies that you will have sold more in one day than you have all month.

Surely that is all Davewil said, I also agree that being anything but over stuffed about an exceptional days selling is rather strange.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

@phorum_junkie* wrote:

The month is nearly over so unless you have another couple of exceptional days your statement certainly implies that you will have sold more in one day than you have all month.

That is precisely what saarzi's post said, that she has sold more in one day than the rest of the month combined. 

The actual point was that a month's worth of sales was not made in a single day. It migh be easier to see if I use some arbitrary figures.

Say an average month means 200 sales. Then let's say over the last 28 days, only 60 sales were made, then we get to today and 120 sales were made. The month's average is nearly the same, but the single day's sale certainly does not = a month's worth of sales (on average). 

Markets can be volatile and unpredictable at the best of times, but being celebratory of a good day's sales doesn't automatically mean one has to discount the obvious volatility of the environment. In some cases, where the market is even more unstable due to a third party (say, for example, eBay) affecting (or even outwardly inhibiting) planning and growth, the instability is highlighted even more when things like this occur, and I personally don't see anything wrong with pointing that out, opting to open a discussion about it, nor would I suggest the OP should be nothing but happy about one good day of sales - it's a bigger picture thing, IMO.  

Saarzi, for what it's worth, though I do tend to have relatively steady sales, actual volume ebbs and waves frequently. The way I deal with it is I don't project and plan for anything. Smiley Surprised Smiley LOL (I'm only half-joking is the sad part). 

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

you must be the only one selling...the lights have been switched off majorly for us bigtime this month....compared to last year..things are getting worse and not from want of trying or listing stuff that usually sold without a problem..there's a clear pattern we sell exactly or close to the same each month this year..but those sales are half or 60 to 70% of what we used to sell..something just isnt right.. now thats really crazy....noticing "ebay apologists" trolls in the sellers forums lately...maybe they should spend their time improving the site..instead of sniping those who line their pockets

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

@knewdoors wrote:

you must be the only one selling...the lights have been switched off majorly for us bigtime this month....compared to last year..things are getting worse and not from want of trying or listing stuff that usually sold without a problem..there's a clear pattern we sell exactly or close to the same each month this year..but those sales are half or 60 to 70% of what we used to sell..something just isnt right.. now thats really crazy....

Perhaps just one of the few who frequents the forums, and/or is (occasionally) prepared to admit to selling ok when there's so many who are feeling the pain of flailing sales. Truth be told, I don't often feel its appropriate to mention I'm fairly happy with the way things are currently going for me, and would much prefer I had something of greater value to help sellers whose sales are declining. If I knew exactly what it was that allowed my sales to be not only relatively steady (on average) but generally increase as well, I would share the info with great detail in a heartbeat, but I really don't know - not in real terms. 

Plus, while I feel I'm doing ok, I still don't consider myself a high volume seller or anything, and I do find the consistent reports of sudden and dramatic decreases in sales that others experience to be quite concerning (for other sellers, and for myself, in all honesty, because it indicates the unpredictable turn that can affect anyone at any time - that's true in all retail, but on eBay it seems like it's more sudden with no prior indication of declining trends etc ).

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

I agree with you I have several ID's and its pretty clear to me whats going on

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply