Sales dropped this month.

Hello everyone,

Ebay sales dropped dramatically this month. May be End of Financial Year?

Has anyone else experiencing this.

Thank you

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Same here atm; I wonder if it's not grocery prices and generally less discretionary spending money around. For example my sales went mental back during Covid when the govt started throwing money at people.  Otoh it could just be a blip. I need more than a quiet week or two before I assume anything.

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

Hi there,  I have been pretty crook this year, and have basicly been letting my ebay accounts run  themselves.  Have recently gotten arround to revising a few listings, closed and relisted some with minor changes, sales format, reset prices for BIN and Postage, with most showing slight increase.  A few minor changes to headings etc,  probably about 4-5 hrs effort.

Sales last 31 days are up  97%.

Dont know if it was a bit of effort paying off,  or people spending up for EOFY.

Anyway hoping to be able to put a bit more effort into sales.

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

You certainly need to be comparing yoy rather than particular months.

As lupercal said, there are many possible reasons.

You are selling clothes, a fraught category. You also seem to be mainly selling winter clothes. Winter is well and truly upon us, so most of your target demographic will have already fulfilled their needs.

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

I have 11 items for sale at the moment. not even 1 view on any of them. this has been going on since ebay changed there format and away from paypal. I relist but its just the same. I am thinking of going away from ebay. I have been a member for maybe 15 years. I can count on one hand how many sales I have had in the last 6 months. I cannot seem to contact anybody from ebay to complain

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

Doubt it would be due to  the change from paypal to managed payments, as buyers can still use paypal, but also now have additional payment methods available.

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

Ebay is dying slow. Get used to it.

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

That's why you have almost 300 items listed, and steady sales?

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

Sales down for me on my main account. As others have said, the pressure on price rises in almost all areas of life, the economy, stock market and crypto downturns don't help.

I am also In a 'discretionary' category which will be hit hardest you would imagine. But I also wonder if the recent changes in how views are counted has at least a role in this. 

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

The change of view counts, in no way affects  how many times an item is actually viewed.  It merely means that the number of views no longer continue to accumulate for the life of a listing.

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply