Sales dropped to 1 order a day

I've been selling consistently until about 2 weeks ago. Suddenly it's gone so quietly. Average is one order a day now. This is so strange. I cannot figure out why, even I increased my promoted percentage to 15%.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Personally I'm happy with 1 order a day but I am a small player. I found last year that my sales dropped leading up to and shortly after Christmas. I believe that buyers may be focused on gift items and associated Christmas supplies. As I really don.t sell anything along those lines, I expect little to happen for me until mid January. That's my thoughts. Perhaps more experienced sellers have a better explanation.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

I'd say you have a point. It is right now that a lot of buyers will be turning their thoughts to gift buying rather than personal purchases. So I suppose it depends on what an ebay seller is selling.

I have noticed this year that people seem to have become a bit more anxious about Christmas gift buying a little earlier than usual (at least here in Melbourne) and I suspect the reason is the shops were shut for so long and now everyone is a bit worried about low stock and missing out if they wait too long.

Even Christmas trees. Half my family and friends put them up a couple of weeks ago, rather than wait till 1st Dec as they usually do. Everything is earlier this year. 

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

>>>I believe that buyers may be focused on gift items and associated Christmas supplies. As I really don.t sell anything along those lines, I expect little to happen for me until mid January. 

I think you're spot on.  I see a lull of perhaps 10-15% in order volume in December as I sell items purchased by people for their own use, not as gifts.  So spending on items for personal use is trimmed as people redirect income to gifts.  

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

@little.ripple wrote:

I've been selling consistently until about 2 weeks ago. Suddenly it's gone so quietly. Average is one order a day now. This is so strange. I cannot figure out why, even I increased my promoted percentage to 15%.

Well if it's this account your sales the last 2 weeks were way better then the previous month,  nothing from 18 sept to 8 october,  I would say your sales are booming

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply