Sales have stopped

Wow, is anyone experiencing a major downturn in sales? I tried "sell similar"instead of relisting items in the hope that it may create some interest but zilch. Even questions regarding combined postate or general item details are down to zero which is very, very unusual. Cheers, Dave

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Sales have stopped

Like hitting a brick wall 9 days ago! Never had no sales whatsoever for this long! 😞

Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

Sales have stopped

It is concerning thats for sure

Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

Sales have stopped

Tumbleweed. Like a scene from an old Western. Gumtree and facebook marketplace are where it's at now. Locals in particular, bypass here

Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

Sales have stopped

Hiya

Keep listing or even just tweaking will lift items up a bit. It seems to boost everything not just your current items. I am not selling loads maybe three or four per day but ticking over. 

Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

Sales have stopped

Thanks Spyrokru, I will give it a try. Cheers

Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

Sales have stopped

Hi Umpteenbooks, I hear you, it is like my ebay listings have entered a black hole. The thing that I find concerning is that there are not even offers or questions coming in, not just no sales, but no activity across the board.

Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

Sales have stopped

I've been using every strategy available to sellers, just to keep turnover happening since  April : discounted promotions, offers to watchers, regular relisting etc. 

Much of the time they seem to help eg I sent offers to watchers this morning on about 80 items and have had 3 acceptances thus far.

It is a constant grind but I feel the need to entice buyers in these times. I fear this month will be even more difficult with the likes of Click Frenzy, Black Friday and Cyber Monday coming up (or have they happened?). These events seem to suck up so much money they effect even niche sellers.

Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

Sales have stopped

@padraicpaul91 wrote:

I've been using every strategy available to sellers, just to keep turnover happening since  April : discounted promotions, offers to watchers, regular relisting etc. 

Much of the time they seem to help eg I sent offers to watchers this morning on about 80 items and have had 3 acceptances thus far.

It is a constant grind but I feel the need to entice buyers in these times. I fear this month will be even more difficult with the likes of Click Frenzy, Black Friday and Cyber Monday coming up (or have they happened?). These events seem to suck up so much money they effect even niche sellers.

You didn't mention putting your prices UP, only down.  I'm convinced ebay shows the listings that make them the most money.  I've seen countless sellers complaining that their sales are slow or dead, despite them being cheaper than their opposition who are getting the sales.

Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

Sales have stopped

I don't think ebay gives priority to dearer items otherwise chinese sellers would suffer. 

But I think a competitive price is important just does not have to always be the cheapest. When I purchase I always look at sellers with the lower pirces but not the lowest as I would rather pay extra for what I believe will be better service.

Message 10 of 15
Latest reply