Scam. Be aware of this person! and how can we stop that?

recently, this guy bought a $500 worth of graphic card from our ebay store and as soon as he received it, he put an dispute on paypal saying "item was not working/missing parts" 

we asked him to post it back  but instead, he returned an empty bag with some rubbish inside.

i reported to paypal but they have to investigate and closed case by refunding him first. 

then i email him on ebay, and he was saying " we posted an empty box to him and it's not his fault not receive the item!" 

this is totally BS..

anyone come across this type of scam before? how can we stop that happening? and how do we deal with this guy?

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Firstly the moderators will be along any time soon to remove the UserID you posted as you are not allowed to name and shame on these boards.

The way I see it there is very little you can do to guard against this kind of scammer.

Here are some thoughts. Others may have more to add.

Do you have serial numbers recorded?

Did you record the package weight that was sent out and compared to what you received back?

Do you have a witness who saw you pack and send the correct item who would be prepared to sign a stat dec for you?

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

I think there is also a provision in a PayPal case to select, Only part received or package empty.

But that may only be an option for the initiator of the case, not a return.

But worth a call to PayPal.

PayPal are usually very good over the phone.

image host
Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Take the returned package with all the wrapping etc to the police.  Report it and get a Police Incident Number.....THEN report it to paypal along with the PI Number.   Paypal has to take notice when the police have been involved officially.

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

will do that. cheers. i think it's better to get police involved 

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

thanks done that just now

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

thanks. i'm not sure how to delete / edit post. 

Do you have serial numbers recorded? yes

Did you record the package weight that was sent out and compared to what you received back? i'm checking with local post office. they should be able to tell me,.

Do you have a witness who saw you pack and send the correct item who would be prepared to sign a stat dec for you? yes . our staff.

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

Looks like he may have tried it on another seller recently also, judging by the last feedback left for someone else.

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

go-tazz
Community Member

Their last two transaction resulted in negatives by them so if you get one it will mean three in a row,(bad luck or?).

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply