Scam Title?

The title of this item looks like a search scam. Am I on the money, or is this kind of "misleading" title allowed on items?
Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Scam Title?

cq_tech
Community Member
No, keyword spamming is definitely not permitted in listings and the buyer is running the risk of having his listing pulled by ebay if somebody reports him (which I'm sure they will, now that you've brought it to everybody's attention). 🙂
Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

I hope the winning bidder realises how easily they can be scammed if they pay by bank deposit, the only payment method offered by the seller!

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

As it's a car, it makes no difference whether it's cash on pickup or bank deposit, which is far better than carrying around nearly $30k in cash, as far as I'm concerned. In this case, bank deposit, COD, and bank cheque are all pretty much the same.
Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

Looks like this auction has been pulled. Thank you cq_tech for letting me know this kind of listing isn't allowed.

Cheers

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

Might depend on which bank where the bank deposit is going. From what I recall, the account name has to be correct or the payment will be cancelled, meaning that if you aren't happy with the account name, you can hold back a bank deposit.

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

well it is not very good for the buyer if he pays by bank deposit and then the seller doesn't come through with the goods, eh? Or if there is a problem with the goods?

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

If the seller doesn't come good with the goods, then you can go to the police and they can find the culprit by getting the account details?

Years ago I had such a thing happen to me via a bank deposit, so I reported it to the police and they found and took the culprit to court and I got all my funds back and the culprit ended up with a record, if he didn't already have one.

At this stage I am still happy to go with bank deposits to pretty much any Australian bank account.

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

It would be pointless paying for it with Paypal, as being a car there is no buyer protection available, and even if there was, Paypal's coverage is restricted to a maximum amount of $20,000 anyway. Also, I don't think the seller would be too impressed with having to give Paypal their absolutely usurous fee of $720.30 from his $30,000 payment. 2.4% may not sound like much when you say it quickly, but when it's payable on such a large amount it becomes a rather substantial sum of money.
Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

I was scammed once, low value for me, when paying by bank deposit was the norm. The Police online fraud were unable to track the person(s) down, even though they knew their bank account. The scamster got away with a total of over $2000, in one week.

I would only ever pay by PAYPAL now.

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply